What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Arches color - chrome/black

A

Anonymous

Ive seen on the forum, RCZ with black arches, is it a peugeot option? or a aftermarket modification, if so how to they do it? i was thinking of changing it to black also.

A

Anonymous

The only colour options currently available are the standard chrome and champagne. so any thing else will be either sprayed or wrapped.

A

Anonymous

I had mine sprayed the same colour as the car Nero black but a white RCZ looks better with the same colour as the roof.

My arches where removed from the car, sprayed and refitted by the dealer.

The car was also debadged and centre caps on the wheels sprayed black to match the black wheels.

A

Anonymous

Race can you post a picture? iam thinking of wrapping it, do you think it will be hard to wrap?

A

Anonymous

That was my first option.

Painting the arches is the best way. On the edge of the arches is a rubber seal which can not be removed as it is moulded into the arches.

You can peel it downwards about 3mm which you can paint but not enough for the wrapping to stick too.

Its alot of work to do only to find the wrapping to come off, plus it will not be the same colour as your car.

A

Anonymous

hey ive got the black arches done on my rcz 2 same black color in nera black... they had some troubles 2 with the rubber seal that couldnt be removed.. and they had to do it 2 times to get i right... but it looks great now.. i had it done for about 300 euro

A

Anonymous

Hi slobby

After having it done made the car look completly different.

Best £300.00 I have spent on the car.

A

Anonymous

We had our sprayed black also

Attachments

• PICT0362.JPG
    PICT0362.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,535
A

Anonymous

here's a pic of mine.. hope its clear enough... i was happy with the result makes it long more rougher with the arches in the same color.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with you Slobbly, need your front badge spraying now.

Best money I spent on a mod.

FGRob

Reaction score
Interesting look - but I think you loose one of the main features of the car which makes it stand out, you say it makes it individual but now it's just a coupe. On a white car you can just about get away with it especially with a black roof.

Each to their own