What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Appreciating depreciation

Stu8

Reaction score
Came across this today whilst browsing through fast car magazine. (Cover your eyes if you own a diesel )

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re: Appreciating depreciation

Stu8 said:
Came across this today whilst browsing through fast car magazine. (Cover your eyes if you own a diesel )

Well I've read that Stu8 and though I'm biased who could have guessed, I don't like Audi's and admit it does look like an Audi, but come on the roof oh man. Well, I don't think anyone of us bought the car thinking we were going to increase our asset god knows you don't really win with cars. I for one is sick of reading reports 1. slagging the RCZ off and 2. always comparing with the not so water tight Audi TT. If anyone actually took the time to drive the Z they would see it is a LOT of car for the money even what some of us paid for a new one, ( not me I couldn't afford a new one ). As for the Diesel being useless... 163bhp says different - the author is a total Norman Anker.
Yes the above is correct with a slight caveat and only a slight one, because though you generally lose money in the short term, sometimes you can gain, but it takes forever. Look at the cars from the early eighties, some of them now have a cult following and you can pay thousands for some of them. There may come a time when certain models may become sought after and lets not kid ourselves I mean the R and yes also the very first born - the Launch Edition, though as we have discussed on here before there is a list of low production versions and anyone of them could become valuable in the distant future. But ...who really cares, we bought them cos we liked them - now and some people don't hang on to their cars for years and years, and that's what we are talking about 20 - 25 years plus before maybe gains might start to show, but by then whats the state of affairs in the world of fuel ?? most cars will be electric if you believe the hype and if that's true, will the governments of the day price us all out of the fuel market anyway? Who knows is the answer, and I for one can say - live for today, enjoy your rides, you don't know what's around the corner. Just remember when they're all slagging the Z off, we know different and can continue driving with Huge Cheshire Cat Smiles - smug pratt's in the knowledge that we are driving one of the most prettiest cars on the road and if you buy one now - well you're even smugger !!!
Cheers :beer: :thumbup:

tianorth

Reaction score

Three to four grand cheaper than a TT.

I thought the original price of the RCZ was 3 to 4 grand cheaper than the TT in the first place.

Just cos a manufacturers build hundreds of thousands of TTs doesn't mean they are as better than a low production numbered, just means there are more people who can complain about their cars and more knowledge floating around the Internet.

I bet if the TT was low numbers like the RCZ you would have people trying to do what this forum is doing (and the Facebook group), rather than 7 million Web pages for TT faults.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Stu8

Reaction score

Plecodoras said:
Stu8 said:

Well I've read that Stu8 and though I'm biased who could have guessed, I don't like Audi's and admit it does look like an Audi, but come on the roof oh man. Well, I don't think anyone of us bought the car thinking we were going to increase our asset god knows you don't really win with cars. I for one is sick of reading reports 1. slagging the RCZ off and 2. always comparing with the not so water tight Audi TT. If anyone actually took the time to drive the Z they would see it is a LOT of car for the money even what some of us paid for a new one, ( not me I couldn't afford a new one ). As for the Diesel being useless... 163bhp says different - the author is a total Norman Anker.
Yes the above is correct with a slight caveat and only a slight one, because though you generally lose money in the short term, sometimes you can gain, but it takes forever. Look at the cars from the early eighties, some of them now have a cult following and you can pay thousands for some of them. There may come a time when certain models may become sought after and lets not kid ourselves I mean the R and yes also the very first born - the Launch Edition, though as we have discussed on here before there is a list of low production versions and anyone of them could become valuable in the distant future. But ...who really cares, we bought them cos we liked them - now and some people don't hang on to their cars for years and years, and that's what we are talking about 20 - 25 years plus before maybe gains might start to show, but by then whats the state of affairs in the world of fuel ?? most cars will be electric if you believe the hype and if that's true, will the governments of the day price us all out of the fuel market anyway? Who knows is the answer, and I for one can say - live for today, enjoy your rides, you don't know what's around the corner. Just remember when they're all slagging the Z off, we know different and can continue driving with Huge Cheshire Cat Smiles - smug pratt's in the knowledge that we are driving one of the most prettiest cars on the road and if you buy one now - well you're even smugger !!!
Cheers :beer: :thumbup:
:clap:

A

Anonymous

I have owned both the Audi TT for 4yrs and the RCZ HDI for just one month,and to be quite honest driving the latter is so much more fun it's like chalk and cheese.