What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone else noticed this....?

RCZ1

Reaction score
After running around in Pearl for a week now, I thought I'd post up a few thoughts.

Has anyone noticed how courteous other car drivers are whilst you've been driving your RCZ? I've never had so many people let me in traffic - trying to get out the car park at work is a nightmare, usually takes ages to get out - EVERY night this week somone has let me into the queue of traffic. Probably want to have a good look at my beauty. :lol:

Went shopping at an out of town shopping centre last night. Parked up away from everyone else. As I was returning to the car, a couple were just walking by. I watched them as they stood looking at the RCZ - had a good walk around it, etc. I got in the car, reversed out and slowly drove away. Still the couple were staring and in my rear view mirror I saw the man trip up as he was walking and continuing to watch me drive off. The power of the RCZ :lol:

I thought I must be looking extra gorgeous this week too. Lots of heads have been turning as I've been driving to work :thumbup: . Then it struck me - it wasn't me, it was Pearl they were looking at :eusa-think: :eek:

The other fun thing that I've enjoyed doing is - when you get some stupid idiot sat right on your tail, usually in a 30mph zone (the RCZ is a lovely cruiser), once the speed limit zone rises, floor the throttle and leave the idiots for dead - great fun :dance: :dance:

Gave a colleague a guided tour of Pearl this week. They were well impressed. They had a good look at my leather interior too - which they really liked. They thought the re-trimmers had done a great job of the doors AND the dash too :eusa-shhh: (Didn't like to tell them otherwise) :thumbup:

To say I'm pleased with my RCZ is an understatement. Wow, what a car :dance: :dance: The cabin (as I call it) is a fantastic place to be. You feel totally cocooned - total comfort, surround sound - fantastic :thumbup: Its lovely as either a cruiser or as a racer - nothing better than to rest your arm on your multi position armrest, watching everyone else, watching you.

Well done Peugeot on making a car to be truly proud of :clap: :clap: I'm in love (but don't tell the husband) and its with another woman :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

My RCZ has made me fall in love with driving again. People stare and smile all the time. Great story by the way.

FGRob

Reaction score
Welcome to the real world of owning an RCZ, had mine for nearly 4 months now and it's still amazing the reaction you get. :dance: :dance:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

And the comments keep coming, and all so flattering. Only yesterday someone commented so nicely about Freddie and said that every time you looked at it you saw something you hadn't seen before, like the bubble roof. Last week a silver haired lady stopped me in a car park to admire Freddie and lamented that her Peugeot was just 'ordinary' :lol: . Great story, K, and enjoy every moment as you deserve it for your fortitude in waiting for Pearl to arrive. :dance:

A

Anonymous

I notice people in other cars (passengers mainly) craning their necks. Problem is when I drive I concentrate more on the road and traffic ahead so I'm sure I miss quite a bit of the attention.

A

Anonymous

Only had my Limited Edition Black RCX 200hp for a few hours and have counted 6 people taking photos of it while I am in it!. Definately a head turner down this part of the world. Seeing as there are only 30 limited editions in the country that isn't really suprising. Peugeot told me they anticipated selling 120 "normal" versions per year so it will not be a common sight. That should help with residuals!Right...no more typing now...got to go out for another spin! Wahhhheeeee!

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Only had my Limited Edition Black RCX 200hp for a few hours and have counted 6 people taking photos of it while I am in it!. Definately a head turner down this part of the world. Seeing as there are only 30 limited editions in the country that isn't really suprising. Peugeot told me they anticipated selling 120 "normal" versions per year so it will not be a common sight. That should help with residuals!Right...no more typing now...got to go out for another spin! Wahhhheeeee!
Congrats on picking up your car today and I note you're back online so WHY aren't you out enjoying your new toy :lol: :lol: :lol: :?: (PS, I'm at work and not supposed to be on here :!: ). As for keeping the numbers low that will certainly keep it as a head turner. Just had someone at work give it the once-over today and he agrees that pictures really don't do it justice AT ALL, no matter how good the photo. Our babies just need to be seen in the flesh :thumbup: .

A

Anonymous

Yesterday morning I decided to give Freddie a wash. My driveway is verrrryyyyyy small and tight (just long enough and wide enough for Freddie and no more!) so there's no way I can manage this without driving onto the road and parking the near side wheels on the footpath, so washing the driver's side makes for a challenge with the traffic (fairly busy road). My neighbour from several doors up stopped to chat and whilst he was doing this a car stopped opposite, wound down the window and then SWITCHED OFF his engine to gaze at my Freddie.

"That's some machine," he said in appreciation. "It's a Peugeot, right? Health to drive," and off he went. His young son in the passenger seat looked as if he wanted to climb out for a closer look :D .

In the afternoon I was standing at the checkout of the local store and could see Freddie being admired verrrrryyyyy closely by a smartly dressed lady. :thumbup:

As has been said before, congratulations to Peugeot for coming up with a head-turner :clap: .

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
Yesterday morning I decided to give Freddie a wash. My driveway is verrrryyyyyy small and tight (just long enough and wide enough for Freddie and no more!) so there's no way I can manage this without driving onto the road and parking the near side wheels on the footpath, so washing the driver's side makes for a challenge with the traffic (fairly busy road). My neighbour from several doors up stopped to chat and whilst he was doing this a car stopped opposite, wound down the window and then SWITCHED OFF his engine to gaze at my Freddie.

"That's some machine," he said in appreciation. "It's a Peugeot, right? Health to drive," and off he went. His young son in the passenger seat looked as if he wanted to climb out for a closer look :D .

In the afternoon I was standing at the checkout of the local store and could see Freddie being admired verrrrryyyyy closely by a smartly dressed lady. :thumbup:

As has been said before, congratulations to Peugeot for coming up with a head-turner :clap: .

Excellent :thumbup: The RCZ really is a stunning car and deserves to be admired.

I went round to my brother and sister in laws this morning to show them Pearl, as they wanted to see it :lol: They live in a little cul-de-sac. When I first got there, there was a couple about to get into their car, they stopped and stared as I drove by. When I got out, they were still stood staring. My sister-in-law had seen them staring too. I parked it up outside their house and went inside. After a few minutes, we went back outside for them to have a look.......... half the cul-de-sac was out, having a look at it :D All were giving appreciative comments :thumbup:

Isn't it funny how I waited months to see a RCZ on the road. Since I got mine back from the re-trimmers, a week last Friday, I've seen 5 and 3 have been white. Saw a white one today, driven by a woman. Gave her a nice smile and she didn't acknowledge me..... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
After a few minutes, we went back outside for them to have a look.......... half the cul-de-sac was out, having a look at it :D All were giving appreciative comments :thumbup:

Isn't it funny how I waited months to see a RCZ on the road. Since I got mine back from the re-trimmers, a week last Friday, I've seen 5 and 3 have been white. Saw a white one today, driven by a woman. Gave her a nice smile and she didn't acknowledge me..... :eusa-whistle:
Very amusing about half the cul-de-sac coming out for an ogle! As for that woman in the white RCZ, she was probably dazzled by Pearl's detailing beauty and too envious to wave :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
very amusing about half the cul-de-sac coming out for an ogle! As for that woman in the white RCZ, she was probably dazzled by Pearl's detailing beauty and too envious to wave :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:

Actually, her's was looking cleaner than mine :thumbdown: At this time of year, Saturday is the only chance I get to clean the car and as I had done mine last weekend, it was hubby's turn yesterday. His was thick mud, which I had done when I borrowed it before I picked Pearl up, so I really needed to get it back clean for him :thumbup: