What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone else notice these niggles?

A

Anonymous

At long last I have got around to a test drive and today, in beautiful sunshine, I took a 200THP pearl white with black onyx wheels for a 3 hour tour of West Yorkshire. My expectations were met in evey way and generally exceeded but two niggles accompanied me for the entire drive (no, not the girlfriend nor the sales guy!)

Whenever I was driving into the sun I constantly had a Head Up Display right in my eyeline of the front windscreen air vents shimmering away and also the climate control sent a constant whistling sound out that only got louder as the fan was worked harder.

Anyone else noticed either of these before, particularly the reflection of the air vents which was very distracting?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Mark

In answer to your questions, I have noticed the reflections of the ar vents on the windscreen (the round ones in each corner right on top of the dash, nearest the windscreen). They are noticeable most of the time but I suppose I have got used to them so not really a problem for me.

Not had any whistling noises from the climate control. It's set to auto all the time don't know if that helps.

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1

Thanks for the reply. In fact it was the long straight vent that sits beyond the instrument cowel at the base of the windscreen. It was probably a coincidence of where I had the seat set and the angle of the sun but I had a clear reflection of the long thin vent right in my eyeline whenever I was heading straight towards the sun.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Oh yes, I've seen that too. Did you have your seat set quite high? Mine is, so maybe that is the reason..... But it does help stopping the sun shining in your eyes as I hate having sun visors down :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

It amazes me how different "niggles" can be identified by a different driver, i would never have noticed the reflection thing unless it was pointed out, now though i will be looking for it, and the bloody whistleing noise. i gotta stop reading so many threads. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Hi markrcz

The whistling sound has been mentioned before. My RCZ hasn't been delivered yet so I can't specifically comment from experience, but when I test drove a 308CC (before ordering the RCZ) it had the same whistling sound. I thought at first it was to do with the folding roof seals but then I discovered that it only happened when you directed air to the foot well. If you directed the air elsewhere there was no whistling sound. The 308CC and the RCZ centre console have a lot in common so I suspect the whistling sound is inherent in the design. Others here haven't t notice any problems and I suspect its because of their air vent settings. You may also find some assemblies are more prone to whistle that others due to tolerance variations.

Certainly the two RCZs I test drove didn't whistle but I don't remember what the air vent settings were nor did I adjust them.

RCZ00M

A

Anonymous

markrcz said:
Whenever I was driving into the sun I constantly had a Head Up Display right in my eyeline of the front windscreen air vents shimmering away
Yup saw that early on, but I havn't thought about it since and when I read your post I thought "oh that's right". So you stop seeing it after a while.

and also the climate control sent a constant whistling sound out that only got louder as the fan was worked harder

Thankfully havn't had this - but a 308 we were given as a loaner a few weeks back had very loud vents. Go figure.

A

Anonymous

My climate control whistles if you turn the fans up to 2 or 3. Anything above that is fine. I put it down to an otherwise very ambient cabin so these little niggles are exaggerated. I drove a friends civic type R the other day and for the first time noticed "niggles". They had always been there it's just since using the RCZ that they had become apparent

A

Anonymous

My climate control whistles if you turn the fans up to 2 or 3 but only if you have it on the screen

A

Anonymous

yeah mine too - I just whistle back at the fecker or turn up the ipod! that seems to sort it

A

Anonymous

Thanks all - none of these are deterring me in any way as I just keep thinking how brilliant it looked when I parked it up on the drive!!!