What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone concerned about residual values when buying RCZ?

A

Anonymous

Hi all, were any of you concerned about the resale value of your RCZ when you were buying?

A

Anonymous

Nope, but then I guess its down to how often you change the car and how many miles you do. I'm looking to keep mine for 4 years at least (my last car I had for 7) and I do hardly any mileage so that will help with prices. Having said that though at the end of the day, for me, its a lovely car and with nothing quite as unique on the road in that price range so I'd suffer the drop. From looking at some of the graphs posted on here it didn't look too bad in relation to other makes, I'm getting a ford focus next year which is in the 25k price range and I would imagine that will also drop the same.

A

Anonymous

I have to admit that no, residual values were not a concern to me when buying my RCZ.

Anyone who has purchased new cars knows the score. Those first time new car buyers should do their homework and take everything into consideration, before deciding if the deal is right for them.

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Hi all, were any of you concerned about the resale value of your RCZ when you were buying?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made my day that has :clap:

Thanks Ryan :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yeah I am of that mind too, however, I always like to try and work it out so I have some money left in the car to put towards my next one when I come to trade in . I am just about to pay £24K (inc GAP and paint protection) for mine (spec below) and had almost £4K left in the 325D so only borrowing £20K but spread it over 5 years through the bank on a good 6.9% APR at a cost of £400pm. I am planning on keeping it for 4 years (If I don't get bored) and probably have about 60K miles on clock and then trade it in and owe about £4.5K on loan.

What I don't know is what a 4 year 5 month old good spec RCZ will be worth and whether I will have any money left over. What do you think?

I suppose I am just having last mionute jitters about buying a completely different car than I am used to buying!!!!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

as they say you lose the vat straight of the garage also all the extras you put on this car will not make that much of difference,when trading it in, like carbon roofs and the champagne arches and the likes.the rcz will never compete with its rivals as far as residuals are concerned even fully loaded,niether did my last car it had £4,000 of extras,fully loaded will be more desirable in a private sale,satnav and alloy choice and colour are the most important options in my opinion,if i was going to buy seconhand+mileage of course,all other options are basically enjoyed by the first owner as he prioritised the car in that way,seconhand not

A

Anonymous

I am with you on the carbon roof for sure. What a waste of money, why they put that on a demonstrator is beyond me. I think to maximise the resale value you have to keep to standard colours, (white, black, red or blue), have useful extras (as you say sat nav) and anything that makes it look a little different but not too flash

I just hope its worth more than 4.5K in 4 years which it should be??????

Thanks

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
I am with you on the carbon roof for sure. What a waste of money, why they put that on a demonstrator is beyond me. I think to maximise the resale value you have to keep to standard colours, (white, black, red or blue), have useful extras (as you say sat nav) and anything that makes it look a little different but not too flash

I just hope its worth more than 4.5K in 4 years which it should be??????

Thanks

it should be worth that easily if peugeot dont discount dramatically i hope they dont mate,i dont have this problem as i lease the car,but i honestly think residuals will stay steady as its an lovely car

A

Anonymous

Good point but it is quite a bit better.

I looked at the lease option but I wanted the Diesel with a few options and it did not work out to be a real option. Perhaps I looked at the wrong company?

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Good point but it is quite a bit better.

I looked at the lease option but I wanted the Diesel with a few options and it did not work out to be a real option. Perhaps I looked at the wrong company?

yes i soon as you add the options to a lease car it does go up in the monthly payments even more so than taking the car on finance,the rcz was on special deals during the summer months £284 for the 156gt,£310 for the 200 gt the diesel was the same price as the 200gt.now they have increased by about £80 a month across the board,your spec sounds great mate,when leasing the rcz i specced it how i wanted it ie vision pack satnav soltice alloys but it was putting the monthly payment up from £284 to £400 with these options :shock: i said no just for somene else to get the benefit after the 2 year lease :(

A

Anonymous

Good point. As long as you are happy with the car you have then thats what counts. Sounds like a good deal and you can have a new one in 2 years (new model?) and we will be envious of you.

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Good point. As long as you are happy with the car you have then thats what counts. Sounds like a good deal and you can have a new one in 2 years (new model?) and we will be envious of you.

yes thats a big benefit thanks :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Carbon fibre roof, champagne arches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What next , honk the horn and you hear Librace playing on his piano , It just cracks me up, ITS A PEUGEOT :lol: :lol:
Perhaps the up and coming facelift would look something like this with the upgraded Librace Horn.

Attachments

• sc_piano2_m.jpg
    sc_piano2_m.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,062
A

Anonymous

Jactac LOL, good to see the new facelift model still has the distinctive 2 humps, only this time they are on the bottom......

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Jactac LOL, good to see the new facelift model still has the distinctive 2 humps, only this time they are on the bottom......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Carbon fibre roof, champagne arches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What next , honk the horn and you hear Librace playing on his piano , It just cracks me up, ITS A PEUGEOT :lol: :lol:
Perhaps the up and coming facelift would look something like this with the upgraded Librace Horn.

maybe they will bring out diamonte studded leather seats,piano black dashboard and candleabra xenon light and by the way

which one is you jactac ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

I'm the one on the right operating the horn m8, as you can see i've just been picked up from the gym :lol: