What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anybody know what this is ?

Stu8

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what this is off please, I found it underneath centre console just to the side of the gear stick , I pulled out the plastic surround and this fell into the drivers footwell , there are a couple of numbers on it - YM 14205780 and 30 018 1827, any help would be welcome thank you.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looks like the end cap from the heating ducts.

You will probably find that the centre console gets hot ,and it can also cause problems with the media head unit overheating.

Chris (Tianorth) did a post on replacing the end caps with ducts to utilise the extra heat by putting it into the footwell.

You really need to try to get it back on to avoid problems with the stereo. :thumbup:

Guppy

Reaction score
Yes.... DKZ5745 is right, it's a bung that seals an outlet for he heating ducts.

Mine have also come unattached and it has caused the stereo to overheat and play havoc with CD player... skipping a stopping etc.

See post regarding this.... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12080

Stu8

Reaction score
Cheers guys I'll have a go getting it back on tomorrow after work . :clap:

tianorth

Reaction score
That's the plugs for the heater matrix, so hot air doesn't enter the centre console and cause your stereo to overheat.

No 8.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Stu8

Reaction score
tianorth said:
That's the plugs for the heater matrix, so hot air doesn't enter the centre console and cause your stereo to overheat.

No 8.

Am I going to be able to get at this without taking my console apart ?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you remove the panel from above the passenger footwell?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
If you have thin hand and can work blind you can just pull and hold the sides out then slide hand up find the place where the blanks go.
You could remove the gear stick gaitor to view from above of where you will be feeling whilst working blind.

As said you can also remove the side panels.

To keep the blanks in place you could drill a small hole and the use a self tapping screw.

Stu8

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guy's, I'm going to see if I can get this back on tomorrow without hopefully removing to much stuff, I'll let you know how it goes. :beer:

tianorth

Reaction score
This might help to remove the side panel.

Numbers 3 & 4 and screw 70