What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Any tips for using a pressure washer

A

Anonymous

I was doing my weekly shop in Sainsbury's today when I spotted a karcher k2.120 for only £29,99 and I thought that was a good price so in the trolly it went, I've never had a pressure washer before I would appreciate any hints or tips anybody has for using one :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

you will need the karcher snowfoam lance its only £16 it comes with 500ml bottle,you can spend up to £60 for a litre bottle snowfoam lance anyhow get yourself some ultimate snowfoam amazon £23 great for the winter months ahead as its slightly caustic hence greater cleaning power than normal snowfoam like bilthamber snowfoam.

just add water/snowfoam/car shampoo all in the snowfoam lance bottle and apply to the car wait about ten minutes rinse then apply again if still dirty i always use it twice :thumbup: .if your car is really dirty just put snowfoam and a tad shampoo into the bottle.in summer get yourself some bilthamber snowfoam which is milder and kinder to car wax

RCZ1

Reaction score
This Snow Foam is rather good. Does an almost touch less wash, hence it's name
http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/notch.htm

The thing to remember when using Snow Foam is to rinse it really well. Spend about 10 minutes rinsing it down and use it as part of your cleaning process to get as much dirt oFf as you can before you put a mitt on the car. Get it out of all the nooks and crannies too. Lift the boot because it will gather in the sills and wipe it out and also lift the spoiler manually because it gathers in their too but DO NOT jet wash in the spoiler housing, wipe it out with a drying cloth.

Never point a jet wash directly at the car, point it at a 45 degree angle and don't stand too close to the car, keep your distance. Keep the the water moving over the car, don't keep it pointed in one place for too long. As long as you are sensible, everything will be fine.

Have fun and be prepared for strange looks from your neighbours when you start snow foaming :D

A

Anonymous

I have k.2.12 and it's good but have very low power. It's good for bike but for car i suggest you something more powerful. May be k3.50 or something from 3's series.

A

Anonymous

i have had 2 karchers and both where knackered within 6 months :thumbdown: but both where of the 2 series more than powerfull enough to clean a car :thumbup: but the pumps always go and karcher will charge you £86 for a new pump when you pick a full new one £110 :eusa-think: :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've had my 3 series Karcher for 4 years now, used every week, and its now starting to whirr constantly so I think its time for a another one. But you can't grumble at 4 years!

A

Anonymous

Our 5-series is the daddys! Cost nearly £300 but worth it!