What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Any of the R owners out there had their discs skimmed.

stagger321

Reaction score
Hiya.

Looked into this a while ago but never got round to get it sorted.
I have lipping on my R discs and think I need them skimmed, to avoid the ridiculous cost of new ones.

Now I did go to the skimmydiscs.co.uk site at the time to see where my local Pro-Cut franchise was, and after phone around a few local ones, none could handle the 380mm discs from the R.
Which surprised me, as yes, they are big, but there are cars with bigger discs out there.
So I emailed Skim-my-Discs/Pro-cut, and they weren't exactly much use. Promised to get back to me - but then didn't

Anyone know anyone in the Midlands area who can do 380mm R discs.

P.s. After a Warrantly claim/replacement I would say they have about 10-15k miles on them so should have plenty of meat left for a skim.

Ta.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
What’s the point, the ‘lip’ will only come back with wear, in another few k miles. If they’re that badly worn, new ones are required, so the lip doesn’t matter. Pads would be replaced, too, so any wear on those is irelkevant as well.