What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Any ideas please

Ggen

Reaction score
Hi just a quick one drive my missus rcz today noticed it’s 4000 miles over due its service her explanation was it’s not done more than 9 k in three years !

I drove it and it felt sluggish and about 4 miles drive the engine repair light came on I got it home and the fan was whirring even after the car was turned off
I’m getting my lads code reader tomorrow silly question but could this be the plugs the car has done 57 k it’s a 13 plate and looking through her past service history I’m not sure of they have been replaced

ps service is booked for Friday!
Any hints or tips advice would be gratefully received

turboguy

Reaction score
depends on what code you get. I just got the common P1337 code meaning ignition coil pack so I just swopped all of them and reset the ECU and its all fine now. Has the same symptoms as your car. Started to go slow when I tried to floor it and the engine light came on. took it home and the fans went crazy for about 10minutes after stopping the car.

Ggen

Reaction score
Thank you it sounds pretty much identical to how you describe
Just found out my missus is in rac so I will bell them tomorrow ( thus not relying on my lad )
Hopefully they will run a diagnostic on it

Just googled how to change the coils seems straight forward and will change the plugs at the same time if the error code is the one you mention
Thank you once again

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hopefully the coil packs & plugs will sort out your issue. I had the same problem with mine a few years ago & replaced coils & plugs. It seemed to be OK, but shortly afterwards I had the same issue.
I then had the fuel rail & HPFP replaced under extended warranty & it’s been sweet as a nut since 👍🏻

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi just a quick one drive my missus rcz today noticed it’s 4000 miles over due its service her explanation was it’s not done more than 9 k in three years !

I drove it and it felt sluggish and about 4 miles drive the engine repair light came on I got it home and the fan was whirring even after the car was turned off
I’m getting my lads code reader tomorrow silly question but could this be the plugs the car has done 57 k it’s a 13 plate and looking through her past service history I’m not sure of they have been replaced

ps service is booked for Friday!
Any hints or tips advice would be gratefully received
If possible Check the fuel pressure may be as DKZ has stated the HPF Pump/Fuel Rail could be starting to fail it may just be on the ignition side Plugs/Coil packs but the pump starts to go without any warning & more noticeable on acceleration

Ggen

Reaction score
Hi Pedro can I do it myself and is it easy
I have the rac coming out later would he automatically check the fuel pressure sorry for all the questions

Pedro

Reaction score
I have the rac coming out later would he automatically check the fuel pressure sorry for all the qu

I have the rac coming out later would he automatically check the fuel pressure sorry for all the questions
You could ask him to check they scan the car like I do but you need to run the car with scanner showing the High/Low fuel trim live scan if possible most hand held scanners have this facility in their menu this will show where the fuel pressure is dropping possibly pointing to the fuel pump pressure dropping under load

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Similar to my ongoing issue that I'm in the middle of.
Check compression of the cylinders.
I'm investigating a possible hairline crack in the rocker cover and in the middle of taking it off myself as I'm fed up with garages.

Ggen

Reaction score
Hi rob
Not sure if this helps aa came did the plug diagnostics check
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES Name: 5FV - MEVD17.4 EURO5
DTC: P1385,Super knock detection
DTC: P2337,Super knock detection cylinder 2
DTC: P1336,Misfiring detected - one or more cylinders DTC: P1340,Misfire cyl. 4
Condition
I could have cried but he changed coil number three for four error went
He advised new plugs which I did next day
The plugs where horrendous not being changed in I think 57k miles it appears they where arking,???
New plugs new coils and no errors it’s done 456 miles since the change so fingers crossed
I also understand the codes above one relates to timing but no error since so I will wait and see
Good luck hope you get sorted mate
This is a cracking forum the guys are great with helping and I’m grateful I can post
Cheers everyone

Pedro

Reaction score
Weird how it always points to cylinder 4 issues I was told by a local Peugeot garage tech its the way the engine is designed for the exhaust ports set up ?