What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Any ideas on RCZ facelift pricing?

A

Anonymous

Since I'm not financially stable at this time (teacher training), I'll be buying my RCZ around Christmas 2012 or so. I've just heard of the upcoming facelift and seen some what I assume are CG pictures. The new front-end looks great in my opinion and having LED running lights and all that is a great idea. Perhaps they add some more things in terms of features, too! :)
Anyway, any ideas on pricing?
I know it's all speculation at this stage but the rumoured 2.2L 204 BHP Diesel sounds like my kind of engine!!
Hopefully it's not like £28,000 for the basic GT model with that engine, though.

A

Anonymous

Depends on the string! :)
I know what you're getting at, though. I'm just wondering whether anyone expects the prices to be about the same or to go up. I bet Peugeot want to keep below Audi's TT pricing.

A

Anonymous

Gib007 said:
Depends on the string! :) I bet Peugeot want to keep below Audi's TT pricing.
Why? Peugeot have a superior product! I do not see any relevance at all in what Audi do with their dated TT in relationship to the RCZ pricing

A

Anonymous

I don't know, just a guess. I agree the RCZ is so much better than the TT. However, I'd be put off if they cost the same. There's only so much one can spend on a car when they still need to get a mortgage deposit going! :)
And with today's insane house prices...!!

A

Anonymous

That is the difference between aspiration and reality.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Gib007 said:
Depends on the string! :) I bet Peugeot want to keep below Audi's TT pricing.
Why? Peugeot have a superior product! I do not see any relevance at all in what Audi do with their dated TT in relationship to the RCZ pricing

and with a new nose,,, itll be even more superior

RCZ1

Reaction score
There tends to be a bit of a price increase when face lifted models come in, but it's fairly minimal. Just take a look at the face lifted 308.

A

Anonymous

Gib007 said:
Anyway, any ideas on pricing?

Cor, you're getting a bit of a hard time over this question :wtf:

Anyway, the cost will definitely be higher (however slight) as it's a new Product (design got to be recouped) and it's now a newer model than the old one we're all currently driving :eusa-whistle:

If the engine's larger, then again it's going to cost more.

Think you get the drift of where this is going

Suggest that you continue to save those (Additional) pennies and get the superior facelifted RCZ :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hehe, thanks for the opinions on future pricing. I didn't realise the facelifted 308 also got a slightly higher price tag. That's good to know, seeing as the RCZ takes quite a bit after the 308. I might end up getting the 163 BHP Diesel in the end instead of the 204 BHP. I'm foreseeing a +£2,500 price tag for the extra horsepower, which will not make me smile, hahaha.

A

Anonymous

I would agree :thumbdown: if the 204bhp oil burner is introduced with minor tweekes to front end,or a 210 THP introduced i would expect a further premium of at least £1.500 i would probably think you will see these changes for September (new plate) and will be launched as 2012 model,if the 204 diesel is launched this will be intresting as Audi/Vw will be launcking a 220 diesel late 2012 that will see light in the new TT and Golf Gtd, :eek: but the RCZ will be priced below the TT at least i for one will be looking at the RCZ 204 it sound's very cool :clap:

A

Anonymous

If they bring a good diesel out then I would swap my 200 for it. The 200 is nice enough but I prefer the low RPM and torque of a diesel unit.

A

Anonymous

Agreed about the Diesel model. I look forward to seeing the availability of the new model on Peugeot.co.uk so I can check out how much it all costs with the new engine and such. We'll see about the 204 BHP's price.

A

Anonymous

Same here,i would swap my 200THP for a 204 but let's not guess le'ts wait to August we should see some news filtering by then,if this oil burner is available then I would look at March 2012 as my own RCZ will be 16months old see what the part.ex price will be :thumbdown: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I think the pricing will remain the same unless they introduce more powerful models or less powerful models with less equipment on them.

I expect the RRP (Recommend Retail Price) to start from around £19,000.

But i doubt the facelift will come out anytime soon considering the rivals such as the Volkswagen Scirocco is more than 3 years old now and has still got a big waiting list and no facelift is currently planned.

the Peugeot RCZ has only been out for 1 year. you can check on wikipedia.

It will not make sense to generate facelifts now considering the waiting on them currently, the expansion plans for the RCZ to enter new markets. I just expect a minor face tweak for the higher end RCZ's that will properly get unveiled soon when the interest in the RCZ dies down a bit.

A

Anonymous

Might be right. Let's see what happens. I truly hope the facelift happens ASAP so that it's available or expected to be when I'm in the market for my RCZ, which will be December 2012 or so, give or take a month. I can wait a couple of months more if necessary. I'll just hate going to work on the bus! :)