What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

& another

Jh72i

Reaction score
Been lurking (& reading a wealth of invaluable info...thank you all) for a wee while. Today I did the deal on what appeared to me to be an immaculate white '11 tph 200. Have to wait to get this new baby home for show&tell. & lots of 'ask' too :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Looking forward to seeing your new ride :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
We look forward to seeing some photos of your new Z any questions don’t hesitate to ask we’re a friendly bunch on here :thumbup:
I’m sure you’ll love your new car :beer:

Jh72i

Reaction score
Z is in the shed!!

Collected it just now - place I bought it from is a couple of hours north but they kindly drove it to a place nearby (collecting another car).

But, :crazy: OMG, it was a sorry sight to collect - went from prestine on Saturday to FILTHY from head to toe with snow & ice and so much dirt you wouldn't believe - Finnish winter weather.

My youngest kids are similarly filthy each day - is it wrong for a parent to really not want his kids to sit in his car :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Jh72i said:
Z is in the shed!!

Collected it just now - place I bought it from is a couple of hours north but they kindly drove it to a place nearby (collecting another car).

But, :crazy: OMG, it was a sorry sight to collect - went from prestine on Saturday to FILTHY from head to toe with snow & ice and so much dirt you wouldn't believe - Finnish winter weather.

My youngest kids are similarly filthy each day - is it wrong for a parent to really not want his kids to sit in his car :eusa-think:

You’ll enjoy cleaning and polishing its as much a part of ownership as driving :thumbup:
And yes don’t feel guilty keep the sprogs well away from your pride and joy :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
guppy you seen the message on European meet that Dan has left you ?

Sorry for jumping in thread.

Good luck with the RCZ you will enjoy cleaning it, as for the kids - soz I can't help you there LOL !

Jh72i

Reaction score

Figured out how to post pictures - need to figure out how to take better ones.

Had a blast this weekend testing the Z out on all sorts of roads. All the kids got a ride (I hosed them down) & they love it too. Even the wife thinks it looks fantastic.

Not since I first owned my Karmann Ghia years ago have so many heads turned as I drove about.

Changed the air filter this evening - absolutely no real need to but now I feel the car & I have a better understanding ;).

The one worry I have is after further admiring the lines this evening I thought the gap between boot and body was kind of big :|. Everything back there is totally solid (no movement at all) & the boot opens & closes fine. What do you think? I can fit my pinkie in the gap...

& this doesn't look right...but, as I say, nothing wiggles or moves even a millimeter!?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: & another

Your car looks great! The boot line does look a little big, not sure if there is any adjustment on the boot lid? Here’s what my car boot line looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6363.JPG
    IMG_6363.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 4,257

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

Don't forget they're Austrian, not German so you've got to expect wider tolerance specs :D

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Do you know if the car has had a rear end shunt at all? The gap does seem a bit bigger than mine, but I do think the tolerances on the Z are quite generous, certainly compared to the likes of VW Audi.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I don't think it's much to worry about.

Have a look at the rear lights this will show if the bumper has been off and not aligned, there will be a gap at the top of the rear light.

Maybe have a look underneath just to satisfy yourself ( careful lads !! ) and see if any of the fasteners for the rear bumper look altered or could give any additional adjustment.

Most of all WELCOME and have fun in your newly acquired RCZ, your neighbours will have crooked necks all that turning around - LOL..

CHeers !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jh72i

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses folk. Spent some time this evening getting to know my back bumper & underneath :|

I simply cannot see anything amiss - in fact it is amazingly clean & together down there. So, I won't let it bother me too much for now. Maybe in time I will figure out if the bumper can be adjusted or something.

But.. stone chips..aaargh - smacked hard on the screen when driving on the motorway today. Yet another annoying aspect of Finnish winter! Of course this time the stone also hit the roof and took a chip away - for those interested, beneath the black there is white!!

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Jh72i said:
Thanks for the responses folk. Spent some time this evening getting to know my back bumper & underneath :|

I simply cannot see anything amiss - in fact it is amazingly clean & together down there. So, I won't let it bother me too much for now. Maybe in time I will figure out if the bumper can be adjusted or something.

But.. stone chips..aaargh - smacked hard on the screen when driving on the motorway today. Yet another annoying aspect of Finnish winter! Of course this time the stone also hit the roof and took a chip away - for those interested, beneath the black there is white!!
On second looks, there does seem to be a bit of a gap between the rear bumper and back light. I wonder if there has been some work on or at the rear bumper. 5 or so mm . Maybe needs re-seating . Another job lol !

Sent from my P4502 using Tapatalk

Jh72i

Reaction score

Something in my rear view mirror bothered me today after I had adjusted it a wee bit....

so, yes, you folks are correct - the bumper is not as it should be. There is a small bend which confirms it has either been shunted and/or taken off and not put back exactly right - maybe forced into position a bit.

Picture attached looks much more horrific than it really appears. Feel like idiot for not noticing this before.

Been searching for info about rear bumper removal/fitting/adjusting but not finding much - any steer appreciated.

A hour before noticing this I saw a slightly newer Asphalt 200 (there have been only like 4 200s for sale in the whole country all year), very similar mileage, very similar price, all the extras incl. the pop up screen for sale literally like 5km away from my house :(

I know I'm being totally irrational but both 'events' have taken the joy from my ownership today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Dont worry be happy

You Will soon find out that every z you are going to See you Will want it!

Just enjoy your new ride

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There will always be a better buy out there like ONLY AEK said just enjoy your new car and if things bug you get em fixed and make it mint. :thumbup:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

If you're really unhappy I'm sure there's some clever person out there who is a genius and could fettle it for you.

And by genius read : not a main dealer body shop.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk