What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another rattling complaint.

A

Anonymous

Hi folks. I know there are a few threads about rattling in RCZs, one of which sounds like what I have but a solution was never found.
Here's what's up:
I've recently had my car back from the dealership to have the variable resistor which controls the AC fan speed replaced after it went pop - first problem I've had with the car in almost three years. Whilst it was there I had two new tyres fitted. All OK for a few days and now I find that I am getting a rattle coming from the drivers rear wheel. It almost sounds like there is something inside it rattling around, like when you leave change in your pockets and it goes through the washing machine. It never goes away and it seems to be getting louder.
I'm ringing the dealership tomorrow but I doubt I can get it looked at for another week or so.

Any ideas what it could be or things I could check?

A

Anonymous

All that I as a non mechanically minded person would check is that there is not a foreign body stuck into the tread of the tyre. Being a new tyre, it could have a nail (or similar) that's not long enough to cause a puncture. Or ensure that they haven't disturbed a pipe that is catching the wheel as it turns. Other than that I'd run it into a tyre shop today and get the wheels removed and checked. Sorry can't be of much help.

A

Anonymous

Nothing in there I could see. I popped into Petch today and I've been lucky enough to get somebody to look at it this afternoon. Hopefully it is something simple :cry:

LATER...

Well, it was rather simple. Having been sat undrivable for two weeks the brakes are understandably a bit corroded. I'm not a heavy braker, I prefer to use the engine to slow down where possible. This means that some of the corrosion hasn't come off and is causing this rattling noise - simple solution, brake more.

A

Anonymous

That's an out dated mode of thinking. Nowadays brakes are for braking and engine is for driving. However, I learnt to drive under the old school way :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
That's an out dated mode of thinking. Nowadays brakes are for braking and engine is for driving. However, I learnt to drive under the old school way :lol: :lol:

Most enjoyable way of driving on a country road though!