What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ANOTHER OLDIE NEWBIE

Stey

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Finally got around to registering so that I can introduce myself.
I've owned Peugeots for most of my driving life, starting with a 304 estate just after passing my test in 1984.
I've owned the 305 GTI, 205 GTI, 206 GTI 180 and the 406 in coupe and saloon. I went away from the mark because tbh I started to think the later stuff was too run of the mill and not a stand out.
Finally got my hands on a black 2.0 HDI GT and have been running it now since May of this year, already clocking up over 10k miles in it. What a surprise and a pleasure it is to drive!! I thought i'd driven the best of the Lions, but this thing impresses me every time I get into it.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Well it's a big secret that the RCZ is actually a very good car to drive. But looks like it is out of the bag now!!

Glad you are having as much fun as we are, and remember shhhh !!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Stey

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Plecodoras.

I'm mainly using the car for work at the moment and have managed to clock up 10k of trouble free miles in 6 months. Thankfully though, the mileage will be coming down pretty soon as i'm cutting my workload down.

Crazy question, but was there any consideration given by Peugeot to make the R a mid engined stormer? I used to have a 205 Dimma in the mid 90's until a scrote had it away. I've been thinking of a project for my slow down and to be honest, I'm considering looking at buying a damaged repairable and seeing if it's possible to convert?

What do you think? Solely for track day, not for road use :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, as for the mid engine idea the race RCZ’s seem to be doing pretty well as they are :thumbup: there are loads of owners who regularly track day their RCZs and rate them very highly.
Have you got your name down for next years 10th anniversary of the RCZ in Yorkshire? There is going to be places to do fast laps around the track, check out the details in the Events section. :beer:

Stey

Reaction score
Definitely up for that neilgsxr69, i'll go look see later. :thumbup:

Not doubting the regular setup in any way ( I know just how well it handles now, lol), I just fancied the engineering and design challenge of seeing if it was feasible.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything’s feasible if you’ve enough dosh to throw at it! :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hey Stey if your after a challenge...

Convert a RCZ to a Tesla drive system, that's something that I would be interested in.
Then we'd have the style and propulsion of a right rocket.
Cheers Mick [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk