What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ANODIZED ALUMINIUM ROOF ARCHES - SCRATCH MARKS

A

Anonymous

Just picked up a new RCZ this week and there are 3 small scratch marks on the aluminium panels.Dealer told me he could not remove them and has offered me £100 compensation.Anyone know if they can be repaired and at what cost?
Graham

A

Anonymous

Sod the £100 u should be getting them replaced for free. If the came damaged on a new car take no s**t from dealer stand ur ground that u want them replaced :eek:

A

Anonymous

Thanks can anyone tell me do these arches come in one unit,how are they fixed and what is the cost of one?
Scratches r only 1mm wide x 20mm long and r not too noticeable-I thought there would be a product out there to remove them.

A

Anonymous

Correct me if i am wrong but figure of £750 for just 1 arch comes to my mind i read this in some related thread on this forum a while back.the arches clip on to a rubber template underneath. This rubber template/gasket can be seen at the boot end of the arch, the arches need to be prised off at this specific point for removal they just clip on but it would seem a very delicate pair of hands would be needed

A

Anonymous

adele said:
You're right jassy, I had to have one of mine change and that's how much it would of cost me, the dealer tried hard to polish the scratch out to avoid the cost of replacing it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?22oxyw

AT LEAST MY MEMORY isnt that bad yet :lol: :lol: Adele BABE :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Mine is with water marks, the salesman said can be polished off...but I haven't tried that yet.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't have accepted the car £20,000 + is alot of money to pay for something which is not right.
I would demand a replacement

A

Anonymous

Got quote from Peugeot yesterday - it is £532 - will go back to Motorpoint where I bought car and demand they replace it.

A

Anonymous

evolutionguy said:
Got quote from Peugeot yesterday - it is £532 - will go back to Motorpoint where I bought car and demand they replace it.

Motorpoint are selling brand new rcz :eek: :shock: :shock: thats indeed bad news for residuals

A

Anonymous

I looked into getting one, seemed like good value initially but these cars are from ( I believe) the Republic of Ireland, not convinced they are to full UK spec and there are various other sums of money to be paid before you can actually get your mitts on one, or even examine one! By the time you take all that into consideration you can get a new one from a bona fide UK Peugeot dealer for roughly the same sort of money.

A

Anonymous

cjnuk said:
I looked into getting one, seemed like good value initially but these cars are from ( I believe) the Republic of Ireland, not convinced they are to full UK spec and there are various other sums of money to be paid before you can actually get your mitts on one, or even examine one! By the time you take all that into consideration you can get a new one from a bona fide UK Peugeot dealer for roughly the same sort of money.

I heard they imported them from the rep of ire years ago but they have been in buisness now for years so they must be alright but i dont know anyone that has purchased a car from them though :eusa-think: