What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anodised silver roof arches

A

Anonymous

I noticed now that the marks are only at the front side of the arch.
So, if it are really scratches due to bad roads, then I have another question:

How do you protect your arches?
Polish them like you would do with the rest of the car exterior?

Grtz

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can polish the roof arches but I wouldn't use anything aggressive. Autoglym Super Resin Polish might be your friend here. With regards to the milkiness of the arches - this can be caused by leaving something called TFR on the arches too longer and it's dried on the car. Take it back to the dealer if you are unhappy with it, for them to have a look at.

A

Anonymous

I seem to have the same problem :-( the car is not looking sexy anymore, is the only way to fix this is to go back to Peugeot?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi, do you have any photos of the arches to show us?

If it is the milky effect you have, have you tried polishing them? If you have and they have not improved then yes I would take it back to the dealer.

Have they been like this from new or just started?

Sorry for all the questions :)

A

Anonymous

Attached pictures below for subsection of arches but its all over both :-(tried polishing but hasn't worked :-( I noticed it few months back but seems to be getting worse :-(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 3,934
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 3,934
A

Anonymous

kdurgahed said:
Attached pictures below for subsection of arches but its all over both :-(tried polishing but hasn't worked :-( I noticed it few months back but seems to be getting worse :-(

Had the exact same on mine. I used autoglym super resin polish and it took an hours' hard work each side but I managed to get it all off. You have to polish hard though and in small sections.

What have you been using?

A

Anonymous

kdurgahed said:
I have been using simoniz but no joy :-(

Can't comment on that as never used it, can only say autoglym worked for me. Maybe with buying some for £8 or £9 and trying before having to book in with the dealer

RCZ1

Reaction score
I see what you mean. They don't look good :(

Do you normally wash your car or take it somewhere to be washed? Looks like something has been left to dry on the arches causing the problem. TFR maybe?

I would go with either Autoglym Super Resin Polish or try this
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/pre-wax-c ... _1064.html

It will be a bit of hard work by hand but hopefully should help to remove the marks. Worked in small sections as suggested by poster above.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all...will give it a go the w/e & see what happens! Fingers crossed :) I first took the car to be washed but then noticed dome marks so did it by hand but seems like damage had been done!

A

Anonymous

what I do is spray a little wd40 on a soft cloth and rub well in problem solved.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know where replacement metallic door arches can be obtained please - other than from Peugeot bodyshops, which I have been quoted about £375 each for!? I have some scratches on one of mine (driver's side) which from what I have been told, cannot be removed, so I will probably need to replace it. Thanks.