What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anodised silver roof arches

A

Anonymous

Hi guys just had my rcz for just over a week now but on the passenger side roof bar it's got the milky white discolouration appeared :crazy: it's like it's eched into the metal finish. Dealer been good so far and agreed and have ordered a new one and being fitted monday. Has any one had one of these off before as looks a mare of a job! Other wise car is fantastic :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Re: Anodised silver roof bars

Stu they are better known as Arches and there have been some owners with disclouration in the arches one owner described it as pitting :eusa-think: but they where replaced by peugeot :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ooops i best change that ;) cheers matey well hopefully it will all be sorted soon !

A

Anonymous

Stu38 said:
Ooops i best change that ;) cheers matey well hopefully it will all be sorted soon !

Any pics to illustrate this issue?

A

Anonymous

Protect the arches with some wax after washing, never use a cutting polish them.

A

Anonymous

Hi jactac cheers for that, the arch was like it when picked the car up so i was hopeing it would come off on its first wash but like I say it's etched into the finnish. Still car goes in tomorrow to be done :thumbup:

Hi mrizzle I will post some pics up to try and show you guys this problem!

Cheers
Stu

A

Anonymous

TFR from valters or dealers washes can cause this problem milky look when they leave it on to long or its not diluted right.

A

Anonymous

To true TFR can strip your paint if used neat, amateur valet company's have no idea!

Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Well got my rc back today and phew all done :thumbup: looks so much better now least dealer done a good job , the wait and leaving the car was worse than going to the dentist he he

A

Anonymous

I noticed this on my car yesterday, it's not too bad at the moment. Just like white milk marks like I've not rinsed off the car shampoo right. Will keep an eye on it for the moment. Might be something to mention when it gets its 1st year service, along with my hubs that are starting to rust!

Did you manage to take any photos of how bad yours was? Did you get them replaced under warranty?

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
I noticed this on my car yesterday, it's not too bad at the moment. Just like white milk marks like I've not rinsed off the car shampoo right. Will keep an eye on it for the moment. Might be something to mention when it gets its 1st year service, along with my hubs that are starting to rust!

Did you manage to take any photos of how bad yours was? Did you get them replaced under warranty?

Hi Donna really sorry but did try and get some shots of this with my phone at the time ,but on such a rare occasion the sun was so bright on the silver finnish you couldn't really make it out :crazy: but the dealer was good just ok'd it with peugeot uk and done straight away on warranty :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Has any one had one of these off before as looks a mare of a job! Other wise car is fantastic :thumbup:[/quote]

Had a windscreen replaced last week, actually two as the first one hey fitted was a LHD :lol:

It looked simples, remove seal undo 4 scres and away it goes!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same om my practically brand new RCZ.
Small white milky-like marks on both the arches. The car is only 3 weeks old...
I first thought it was just damage you can't avoid due to small rocks (very bad roads in Belgium), but I find it a bit too much for only +/- 1000 miles of road the car has done.

Anyone who has experience with this problem?

Should I talk to the dealer about it?
Thanks guys