What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Annual Service ???

Reaction score
I've only done 3k miles in my 2015 200bhp since it was last serviced in March 2020. Last week my mileage was 24,400. The speedo indicator said I still has 1200 miles before service.
I guess it must be working on the anniversary cos its suddenly changes to only 200mls.

I've only done 3000mls but seem to be facing a hefty bill of £545 for an Oil, Plugs, Pollen and Air Filter service at my local dealer in Chester. They quoted about £150 for plugs alone !!!

I'm kind of disappointed to see the service interval is only 5k.

Maybe I should take it somewhere other than the main dealer. I have a back street guy round the corner who's really highly qualified and really good, and it doesn't sound like rocket science to me.

Any Thoughts Folks

Rob

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Service it yourself. It's easy enough.
I did my RCZ a few times, and have done my GT86 recently. Defintely not £545 worth of work.

The plugs on my car however, yeah that IS a £silly job at a dealer.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Main dealerships do have a massive price difference to other independent garages. I have two Hdi RCZs and main dealer for small service oil and filter £150 plus vat.. Independent peougeot dealer charge for major servicing £150 plus vat compared to £368 plus vat.... And most of all peougeot stamps in the service book... It pays to shop around...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ian J.

Reaction score
I think with these cars its more a case of frequency of service rather than who does it. Skip services at your peril particularly with the petrol version .

Woodso

Reaction score
I would never go to Swansway as they cost too much. I go to QR Sport near Tattenhall for all my work and they are excellent.

Kerr

Reaction score
That's silly money for a service and parts. You'll get a reputable garage to service it for far less.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I wonder how many owners of car's are not going to get there car's services done due to the fact that they have not been using them due to the lockdown and not done many miles since there last service.... Just had the wife's RCZ (Blondie ) for its mot and car has only done 440 miles since the last mot. The computer comes up and say next service 19 500 miles or 6 weeks... Crazy but I will have it serviced again its only due to have small service (oil and filter ) keep the service book up to date. As we all know that cars don't like being sat and not driven...

Over to the forum for comments

Les n Co

Woodso

Reaction score
Mine is booked in for a Interim service in a couple of weeks. I have fitted a K&N Air Filter, so will not need changing but I am not a fan of changing the Pollen Filter too often as I don't feel it is necessary but for £12.00, who's bothered and to be honest I don't how long it has been in. Cost will be £152.00 incl VAT and I know it will be done 100%. Now here come's the controversial bit. I last had it serviced on the 11th of July 2018 at 19863 miles and it now stands at 37041 miles. No oil change and the only problem's have been a worn drive belt, which I changed myself in about 15 mins and a failed coil pack. New set of plugs were fitted just due to the mileage and age. The only reason I went to my garage for coil pack replacement is because I do not have plug in diagnostic tool, otherwise I could have done that myself along with the plugs. The service interval is down as being 20,000 miles or 2 years anyway. I just forgot so it will 2.75 years and almost 17,000 miles. I am now prepared for the forum's comments.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I wonder how many owners of car's are not going to get there car's services done due to the fact that they have not been using them due to the lockdown and not done many miles since there last service.... Just had the wife's RCZ (Blondie ) for its mot and car has only done 440 miles since the last mot. The computer comes up and say next service 19 500 miles or 6 weeks... Crazy but I will have it serviced again its only due to have small service (oil and filter ) keep the service book up to date. As we all know that cars don't like being sat and not driven...

Over to the forum for comments

Les n Co
As mentioned, I recently serviced mine. Last year it was done on 6/2/20 at 28300 miles.
This year 27/2/21 at 34700 miles. My cars always get done yearly irrespective of mileage.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The service light will come on as its set in the ecu at 12 months or 20,000miles which ever comes first. I never fail to get my cars serviced and as they say...... You look after your car (RCZ) and it will look after you.....

Reaction score
Main dealerships do have a massive price difference to other independent garages. I have two Hdi RCZs and main dealer for small service oil and filter £150 plus vat.. Independent peougeot dealer charge for major servicing £150 plus vat compared to £368 plus vat.... And most of all peougeot stamps in the service book... It pays to shop around...
Les n Co
Thanks a lot. Do you know what the requirements are for a 25,000 mile service.
Oil and filter, Pollen, Air. The plugs should be OK. ???

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I did two days ago my anual service (13 months actually) with only 6500 km since the last one.
oil and oil filter, A/C filter are all i changed (i have an aftermarket air filter)
total cost under 100 euro
and there is no reason to change the A/C filter anually, but i am a smoker