What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Annoying rattle!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

There has become a rattle in my rcz recently and its getting worse. It is coming from the drivers side air vent on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Its not the vents or the directional fins! it only stops when i push down on top of the vent on the actual dash part.
I think i'm going to get peugeot to have a look at it.
But has anyone else had similar problems??

A

Anonymous

No, sorry, thankfully have'nt had any rattles...yet!!! But my manager bought himself a new Citreon C1 at the same time I bought my RCZ (if I move house, he moves & if I get a new car, so does he......freaky!), and with a week, he said he had an anoying rattle coming from the dash. After another week, he was irrate & rang Citreon who said bring it in & we'll have a look-which he did!
They could'nt figure out what it was so arranged for him to take it in for 2 days so they could strip back the dash board & tighten everything up! That done, the rattle was still there, so even more irrate, he rang them again & demanded they explored further, so in goes the car again, & Hey Presto....they discovered the source of the rattle..................his golf clubs chattering together in the boot. What a Wolly. He wont discuss it now, & says he's changing his garage. :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

i have a rattle also-found out the cause. can of deicer stuffed at side of drvers seat for convenience. thing is it doesnt bother me now i know what it is.

A

Anonymous

Make sure it IS the car first, then see what the dealer says :)

A

Anonymous

Definately the car as i do not keep anything in the doors. Plus it stops when i put pressure on top on the dash board above the air vent.

A

Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem - it goes away when the car warms up. Peugeot looked at it on Monday as part of the 1k service but couldn't find it. They're having it overnight next week to test from cold. It's not a very loud rattle but it sounds like I have the same problem - it's hard to source but it's driver's side somewhere near the air vent! I hope they can fix it!

I'll let you know how I get on next week. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I had one for years on my FRV Honda, which stopped when i would press down on parts of the dash, finally tracked it down to a loose rubbing wire from the iPod kit fitted by the dealer. It was worst dependent on the weather as the expansion of the dash changed the effect. I have had the RCZ 4 months and 5000 miles and no rattles at all. These things are so hard to find I wish you luck, oh and turn up the stereo, well that what the wife kept telling me! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've found the rattle - it's the air vent on the drivers side - if I hold my hand on the top of it when driving it goes away plus if I thump the top of the air vent I can here it rattle. I'll be pointing it out to the dealership on Tuesday - reading this thread has helped me track it down! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I've got an annoying rattle coming from my passenger door. Rattle started just after four hundred miles. If I press against the trim it stops. I am going to ring the dealership on Monday to see if they will look at it at the same time as my 1000 mile checkup.

A

Anonymous

its going in on saturday so i'll let you all know what they say! its so annoying just constantly there!!

HARWOOD

Reaction score
I Have an anoying rattle too especially when the wife is sitting in the passenger seat....... :dance:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
I Have an anoying rattle too especially when the wife is sitting in the passenger seat....... :dance:

Maybe thats where mine is coming from. :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
If she reads this you'll be getting a rattle around the ears :lol:

A

Anonymous

I traced my slight rattle to the keyfob, which came with one of those tokens for putting in supermarket trollies. The airvents set it off. When I hold it, it stops.

A

Anonymous

My car was back with the dealers today - after reading this thread I'd located the rattle and passed this on this morning when I dropped the car off. This afternoon I got a call to pick the car up and.... annoying rattle gone!!! The air vent needed extra packing and clips (so they told me). Just took the car for a spin seeking the bumpiest roads I could and not even a hint of a rattle!
:dance:
Thank god for this forum - it's helped me get rid of my rattle!!!!! :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Yep - absolute perfection! I've lived with this rattle since day one - so glad its sorted!

A

Anonymous

Had mine in on Wednesday for the 1000 mile check and asked them to look at the rattle in the passenger door. They could not find anything wrong. Rattle now back even worse than before, so car booked in again on the 15th February.

A

Anonymous

Are you sure its in the door? The rattle I had first sounded like it was coming from the door or wing mirror. It's only reading this thread I managed to find it. You might have a problem with the passenger side air vent (rather than drivers side as I did) - I found mine by thumping the top - you could hear the rattle when you gave it a whack (altho not too hard!). Once I found it I pointed the guys at the dealership towards it and they fixed it. I hope you get it sorted out soon! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mlbblue said:
Are you sure its in the door? The rattle I had first sounded like it was coming from the door or wing mirror. It's only reading this thread I managed to find it. You might have a problem with the passenger side air vent (rather than drivers side as I did) - I found mine by thumping the top - you could hear the rattle when you gave it a whack (altho not too hard!). Once I found it I pointed the guys at the dealership towards it and they fixed it. I hope you get it sorted out soon! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'll mention it to the dealer when I take mine in again.
:thumbup: