What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Annoying Rattle Right Rear

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I thought I would share this info with you guys and maybe help someone solve a similar problem. I recently had an annoying rattle sound coming from the right rear of my RCZ. It sounded like a rattle from the suspension. Anyway it turned out to be the fuel tank. There is a bracket holding up the fuel tank running under the tank and up the sides in the front and back where it mounts to the floor of the vehicle. The rattle sound was caused by the thick plastic seam of the fuel tank where the two half of the tank joins. This seam was rubbing against the bracket at the back of the tank. I could not believe this would make such a rattling sound but it did. I simply loosened the bracket at the back, pushed it away from the fuel tank and tightened it again. Problem solved.