What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Annoying Light

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, i've had my car a week now and loving every moment of it. One thing though when i'm driving at night there is a little light that comes on by the map reading light by the rear view mirror. Its quite bright and it catches the corner of my eye when driving it's quite distracting, I've tried the buttons but it stays on.

Anyone know what its for and if/how I can turn it off?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

if you have the standard system there is a way of doing so.

You click menu

then personalisation - configuration (the switches logo)

from three I have forgot but there is only like 3 options (i think it is Vehicle Parameters)

then if i remember right you go to lights and signalling

when you do get to the page you can turn on or turn off the following

Lighting timer (how long the lights stay on after you leave the car or unlock it when dark)

Ambience Light (the one you are after)

Day time running lights (just the lights you have on when its not night time just in between off and fully on

A

Anonymous

Or it's the ambient light, again you can turn it off in the configuration menu

A

Anonymous

Yep it was to do with the ambience lighting. It went off went I disabled it in the menu. Why it comes on and what its for I don't know, only comes on when the headlights are on but hey ho will just have to get used to it.

One other thing, with economy mode. When i'm listening to the radio (or watching Fawlty Towers) at lunch the eco mode kicks in and shuts everything off after only a couple of minutes, surely this isn't right. I drive for 20 mins into work, car sits in the car park for the morning but only lasts a couple of mins. I have to watch the DVD with the engine running.

A

Anonymous

No, its the same when i listen to the radio, lasts 4-5 mins max.

FGRob

Reaction score
PhilRCZ said:
Yep it was to do with the ambience lighting. It went off went I disabled it in the menu. Why it comes on and what its for I don't know, only comes on when the headlights are on but hey ho will just have to get used to it.
I think the clue as to why it comes on was answered in your first section "Ambience Lighting" :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: The system is quiet intelligent and the interior lighting only comes on when it's actually going dark, if the lights come on due to say a darkened sky the system only puts the headlights on.

As for the Eco mode, the system is only protecting itself against a flat battery, what would you prefer watch your DVD or not get home due to a flat battery - if you are not doing enough miles in the car you will not be putting back the charge into the battery.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I agree that Eco mode is a pain, the most you can set it too is half hour, then it kicks in and everything is switched off, you must then restart the engine and run it for a for a preset time ( Not very Eco friendly )otherwise you cannot use the functions you want.

At the very least it should give you the option to be able to disable it.

I'm not a fan of this feature at all. :thumbdown:

FGRob

Reaction score
jactac said:
At the very least it should give you the option to be able to disable it.

I'm not a fan of this feature at all. :thumbdown:
It's not a feature, it's a requirement to preserve your battery, don't get the two confused.

A

Anonymous

Requirement , feature, pain in the arse.
I'm still not a fan. I know why it's there but give the owner the option to be able to turn it off, and if they then run the battery flat well it's just like running out of petrol.
It's their own fault.

FGRob

Reaction score
jactac said:
Requirement , feature, pain in the arse.
I'm still not a fan. I know why it's there but give the owner the option to be able to turn it off, and if they then run the battery flat well it's just like running out of petrol.
It's their own fault.
But then you lose all your setting - a dead battery is not good I'm afraid

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
But then you lose all your setting - a dead battery is not good I'm afraid

Valid point, however just maybe we can agree that the owner should have an option to turn it off. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thought everyone knew that the little pin light is to light up the silver gear knob top when its dark? In case we cant find the gear stick in the dark !!! :)

A

Anonymous

I agree there should be the ability to turn it off considering my sisters and my mums Mini's that feature stop start which is in its own way an economy mode can be turned off if you wish.

I understand why peugeot did it but just wish they gave us the choice on whether to have it on or off.

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
Thought everyone knew that the little pin light is to light up the silver gear knob top when its dark? In case we cant find the gear stick in the dark !!! :)

Well we should have little pin lights for the steering wheel, hand brake door handles and so on, its hard to know where these things are in the dark :roll: :?

The eco mode was better in my Citroen which lasted for about 20 mins, it's terrible in my RCZ.