What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Animated side indicators....

Nemi

Reaction score
I think they have "sale" pretty much all the time.

Few days ago got mine LED indicators from aliexpress ✌️ Now waiting for better weather to install them. Nice little mod.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
That's where I got mine from just waiting for the weather to change to get them fitted... Good price..

Ginge2202

Reaction score
That's where I got mine from just waiting for the weather to change to get them fitted... Good pric
Have you installed them yet? Just got mine, waiting at home to do when I get home

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
No not yet got two car's to do I have got full set of disks and pads all round for my RCZ. New set of wheels refurbished and new tyres, chrome number plate surrounds.... But I am going to get them done as soon as my carcoons come in the next few weeks... Any one not in lock down can come and give me a hand.... Weekends only please.... As being a pest controller can not work from home so the government tells me...
All stay safe,
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Not home till next week mate. I work away. Have you got a set. I’ll get them out. I hope! Black ones look slick on a black car.
Yes I’ve got the black ones, they’re a bit of a pain to get out, you have to put a lot more pressure on them than feels comfortable 🤦‍♂️ Definitely use something plastic to prise em out otherwise you’ve a good chance of scratching the paintwork with a screwdriver. I went in bottom centre of fitting and prize out.
If yours are like mine the mirror bracket which is cast alloy will be all corroded so I sprayed some grease in to try and limit the corrosion. 👍

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Yes I’ve got the black ones, they’re a bit of a pain to get out, you have to put a lot more pressure on them than feels comfortable 🤦‍♂️ Definitely use something plastic to prise em out otherwise you’ve a good chance of scratching the paintwork with a screwdriver. I went in bottom centre of fitting and prize out.
If yours are like mine the mirror bracket which is cast alloy will be all corroded so I sprayed some grease in to try and limit the corrosion. 👍
What did you use to prise them out. I was thinking a butter knife with a cloth underneath. Got the door lights to change out for the RCZ ones

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The puddle lights in the bottom of the doors come out very easily, you probably won’t need any tools. Did both mine in less than 5 minutes.

Woodso

Reaction score
What did you use to prise them out. I was thinking a butter knife with a cloth underneath. Got the door lights to change out for the RCZ ones
That is exactly what I used, a butter knife with a cloth under it. I pinched mine off the wife, it is the old type about 1/2 inch wide blade rounded at the end and very thin. I bent it slightly about 1/4 inch from end of blade, so that once under the lip, the bend rolls on the cloth and out it pop's. Do not go near it with a screwdriver even a terminal one as the blade is too thick and you may end up damaging the old light but more importantly the surround.

The puddle lights are very easy to get out, they have a little recess and you can quickly lever them out and it takes seconds.

Now if you fancy being a little more funky, why not change the standard bulb's in all if the remainder of the internal lights with coloured LED's, mine are now all blue except for the map lights. All are as easy as the puddle lights to remove except for the glove box as the recess was at the rear, so had to use a little hook tool I have to get it out. I even did the boot lights. The only one which was a pain was the ceiling one but once you get the cover off, 2 sec's to replace the bulb

No great skill to take the lights apart, just a couple minutes of your time for each one, took me about an hour in total start to finish.

I got 10 LED bulbs for £5.68 off Amazon a couple of years ago.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
That is exactly what I used, a butter knife with a cloth under it. I pinched mine off the wife, it is the old type about 1/2 inch wide blade rounded at the end and very thin. I bent it slightly about 1/4 inch from end of blade, so that once under the lip, the bend rolls on the cloth and out it pop's. Do not go near it with a screwdriver even a terminal one as the blade is too thick and you may end up damaging the old light but more importantly the surround.

The puddle lights are very easy to get out, they have a little recess and you can quickly lever them out and it takes seconds.

Now if you fancy being a little more funky, why not change the standard bulb's in all if the remainder of the internal lights with coloured LED's, mine are now all blue except for the map lights. All are as easy as the puddle lights to remove except for the glove box as the recess was at the rear, so had to use a little hook tool I have to get it out. I even did the boot lights. The only one which was a pain was the ceiling one but once you get the cover off, 2 sec's to replace the bulb

No great skill to take the lights apart, just a couple minutes of your time for each one, took me about an hour in total start to finish.

I got 10 LED bulbs for £5.68 off Amazon a couple of years ago.
Nice one pal. Thanks for the top tips. Don’t fancy blue inside but definitely would like brighter LEDs.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I just ordered the set dkz5745 linked at the start. Just a heads up; Aliexpress now have to add 20% VAT at checkout for UK customers. They are closer to £20 now.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I used a plastic trim removal tool, you can buy a full kit for around £15 they’re worth their weight in gold 👍

Nemi

Reaction score
Just installed them on my dirty RCZ and I whish they were brighter

Ginge2202

Reaction score
They look good. But must agree could do with being brighter. Would you take a video. In the dark to show what they look like