What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

And farewell.

A

Anonymous

Hi chums,

Not posted for ages, as not much good stuff to say about the ugly engine in my stunning RCZ.

After a string of painful engine failures I've sold the pretty one. I say goodbye on Thursday.

Almost the prettiest car I've ever owned, and stunning when not worrying about the bloody engine warning light appearing again. I shall miss looking around any car park and knowing I owned the best looking car there.

Popping the R Style gear knob and a brand new set of snow chains (yes snow chains...) on the bay.

Bye all, drive safe & enjoy the new Star Wars movie!!!!!

Take care.

Daley.

2retro

Reaction score
May the Force be with you. :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Such a shame when you are moving on from the Z for sad reasons, rather than simply moving on. :thumbdown:

Best of luck with your new ride :thumbup:

the big blue

Reaction score
Damnfoolman goodbye :wave: and enjoy whatever ride replaces your attractive yet sadly and badly engineered Z'. Like us all I too fell for the attractiveness and uniqueness of the Z's silhouette but feel the engine is wanting NOT in performance but in reliable engineering. Personally I think its just an old engine in design with questionable reliability regardless of what car it is squeezed into, i.e. Z' or a Mini.

It's a sad fact that it seems that many past owners appear to have sold their Z's for reasons such as yours as opposed to simply wanting a different ride. None of which is helped by Peugeot themselves who for financial reasons chose to put up with the faults rather than truly address them and have now eventually phased out our curvaceous beauty and its regrettable engine which never appeared in any other Peugeot car for obvious reasons. :eusa-think:

I know that what I have said may be viewed controversial :eek: and there are of course owners out there that have not (regularly) suffered the annoyance of the engine management light illuminating and the known engine faults and sat nav screen issue BUT that does not in itself negate the inherent issues with ultimately lead to letting go of the car that chose you !! :(

Ive suffered many of the known faults and luckily had them rectified under extended warranty but still suffer with a certain lack of trust in reliability that I have never suffered with any car previous BUT at least I am now on first name terms at my local Peugeot Dealer. :x

.the big blue (..as a man speaking from the heart is not always easy :oops: . Z' i do love you BUT you do let me down !!)

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Don't forget that Peugeot may have phased out the 'Z but that the engine is still around in current models.

Too expensive to simply throw away.

the big blue

Reaction score
...hopefully the newer variants of the 1.6 THP engine will have had the known gremlins dealt with as general reliability is the lifeblood of any car ,,,I owned an Alfa but would not buy another regardless of what day of the week it was built !! :lol:

.the big blue (..the VAG group had engines that were too expensive to throw away and we all know what they did !) :eek:

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Over the years I've had 2 new fast speed fuel pumps, two fast speed turbo pumps, a new cylinder head, coil, engine temp sensors, a new media screen system, engine coolant system....those are the ones I remember...

Happily I took out the extended warranty for £280 I think it was. Saved me a bloody fortune.

I'll regret it by Friday. But I'll not miss the worry every time I hit the right pedal hard.

I will miss her juicy gorgeous rubenesque curved arse in my wing mirrors, and the RCZ wave in the rear view mirror at traffic lights.

Sighs....

Replacement is rather different.

It's a 4WD thing. Jeepy.

Drive safe all

D