What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Amp power feed, where to go though the firewall.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Just wondering where everyone has pushed the amp power cable through the firewall?

Looking to hook up a sub in the Wife's car as she's missing having the punch of the sub with her music.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Re: Amp power feed, where to go though the firewall.

Could you not piggy back it into the fuse box, access via the glove box. Saves going through the firewall. That's where both my Dashcams are connected.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
I'd rather have it connected directly to the battery for the main power feed.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

DRTDVL

Reaction score

I was wondering if anyone was a firewall photo or wiring diagram that might show possible locations?

It's her birthday coming up and she's now driving 30 min each way to work, so would love to surprise her.

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Dirt Devil...

I've just had to get four front sensor cables through the firewall into the car.... Bit of a mare to be honest.

Ok... R/H side of car bonnet up. You need to take off the torx screw holding the cover under the wiper blades. goes from one side to the other. then you need to take off the R/H wiper arm - you need a puller for this and make sure to go under the full arm and not to the first indent as this is curved and will slip off making a right mess.
Once arm off, tie up the cover to under the bonnet so not having to take other arm off. Now three bolts 10mm I think hold the wiper motor in place. Remove this and behind is the bonnet release cable and a spare rubber grommet covering a hole which comes into the car behind the back of the fuse board. It is hard to push the cables through because of the foam and sound proofing on the inside of the car, but it does come out behind a thick cable harness.
And should of been at the start - if you look at the very top point of the light unit, you will find some boxing channel which goes to the front wing, this has several holes in it and is hollow. I fed my cables inside this with the aid of cable rods.
This is the only way I found into the car from the front engine bay area.

and some very useful tools for taking off trim and panels without marking them.

and the wiper / battery terminal puller..

Hope this helps .... :beer:

A

Anonymous

Legend!

DKZ5745

Reaction score

Or an alternative ......

Attachments

• IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 3,089

DKZ5745

Reaction score

:eusa-think: :lol: