What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Amber Red Just Arrived

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I have just received my new Amber Red 1.6 156 RCZ today!

Couldn't believe my luck when it was on the company car list!

One thing that I have noticed is that the cooling fan stays on for a while after each journey, the radiator is hot at the top, but cool in its core, could this be a Thermostat issue?, is this common? or is this just a feature.

Still cant believe that the RCZ was the same lease as a Focus Zetec s 1.6!

A

Anonymous

Hello and welcome, I'm afraid I can't help with the issues as I pick up my amber red gt200 on Tuesday but enjoy the car and have fun in it, can't wait til I'm a proper member :-D

A

Anonymous

welcome to the forum , enjoy your beautiful RCZ
Photos please :dance:

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: hi and welcome ,yes this is just a feature of the car. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Black 'n' White 156 Sport (Yep I turn my own lights on! ) and don't have the front park assist or the auto wipers or the nice wheels, should I go on? or just say enjoy the RCZ ksb

ksb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Black 'n' White 156 Sport (Yep I turn my own lights on! ) and don't have the front park assist or the auto wipers or the nice wheels, should I go on? or just say enjoy the RCZ ksb

I feel a little put out actually, I'm sure you're just pulling my leg, but it was an informed choice. To be honest this comment and the one in my own 'hello' thread make it clear you feel the only valid RCZ purchase is a GT, I feel otherwise.

The additional money for the GT, in my opinion is justified mainly by the leather seats, as I don't want leather the additional benefits did not justify the expenditure. I wanted specific rims on the car so I sorted that out separately.

The auto lights/wipers are pretty cool, and our 407 has them, but not essential to the enjoyment of the end product. As for front park assist, on the demo car it actually annoyed me more than anything else, starting the car to a loud beep because I'm parked in front of my garage door bugged me.

Anyway, hugs and all that, I just don't need any more people trying to burst my excited bubble of anticipation, I have enough of my friends telling me I should have bought a bloody Audi.

A

Anonymous

All in jest ksb. I do not believe anybody could burst your bubble. The excitement of the waiting is only surpassed by the excitement of ownership. My recommendation to you of the GT was purely based upon my fondness for it and your statement that "I'm quite a sucker for tech so the satnav appeals to me", So in my eyes the GT was more in tune with that statement.

ksb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
All in jest ksb. I do not believe anybody could burst your bubble. The excitement of the waiting is only surpassed by the excitement of ownership. My recommendation to you of the GT was purely based upon my fondness for it and your statement that "I'm quite a sucker for tech so the satnav appeals to me", So in my eyes the GT was more in tune with that statement.

Fair enough matey. As it happens I didn't go for the satnav ether after having a play with it. It didn't seem to accept postcode input (the dealer later confirmed that it didn't). Also 1400 quid ;) As a lot of techies shopping with my eyes doesn't necessarily translate well when I have to open my wallet.

A

Anonymous

No it is only a five digit jobby. Good enough to get you to where you are going. Blame the Post Office for being the odd bods of Europe with a seven digit system. For me the media system is just that. It is a whole lot more than simply a Sat Nav. First and foremost for me is the improved "cabin appeal" then there is the "jukebox" etc etc.
Any ways you will love your new toy as we all do and tell your mates the TT is dated by comparison.

ksb

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the cabin does look better with the 'satnav' system, it was a close call, especially as I am no fan of the standard pug orange displays.

I see elsewhere on the forum that there are 1 and 2 din aftermarket options that will work with the RCZ (and allow access to the car menu system), that might be a consideration in the future then I can go all out with a tiny linux based computer in the boot. More likely I'll use my current solution of a bit of velcro on the back of my android phone and google maps ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
ksb said:
OO58RON said:

The additional money for the GT, in my opinion is justified mainly by the leather seats, as I don't want leather the additional benefits did not justify the expenditure. I wanted specific rims on the car so I sorted that out separately.

The auto lights/wipers are pretty cool, and our 407 has them, but not essential to the enjoyment of the end product. As for front park assist, on the demo car it actually annoyed me more than anything else, starting the car to a loud beep because I'm parked in front of my garage door bugged me.

Anyway, hugs and all that, I just don't need any more people trying to burst my excited bubble of anticipation, I have enough of my friends telling me I should have bought a bloody Audi.

ksb, you are right in that the additional cost of the GT is mainly due to the leather. But when you consider you can have seats retrimmed in Nappa leather for around £1k, it's a no brainer. I know you didn't want leather but it was the ONE thing that I did want, that the Sport did not have. I got the car I wanted with a saving to boot :).

Which wheels are you going for if you don't mind me asking? That is the one thing that I personally would not have chosen on the car but there is limited choice on the 18 alloys.

I'm sure once your friends see your RCZ, they will realise that you made the best decision. :)

Don't let anyone burst your bubble - enjoy :)

ksb

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
ksb, you are right in that the additional cost of the GT is mainly due to the leather. But when you consider you can have seats retrimmed in Nappa leather for around £1k, it's a no brainer. I know you didn't want leather but it was the ONE thing that I did want, that the Sport did not have. I got the car I wanted with a saving to boot :).

Which wheels are you going for if you don't mind me asking? That is the one thing that I personally would not have chosen on the car but there is limited choice on the 18 alloys.

I'm sure once your friends see your RCZ, they will realise that you made the best decision. :)

Don't let anyone burst your bubble - enjoy :)

The stock wheels but the dealership has agreed to paint them black, either gloss or matte finish, they're also doing the calipers as that option was not available either.

After seeing the pics posted when I queried the 18" wheels in the other thread, I'm 100% convinced that they will look fine. Lets face it what difference can 1 inch make when you already have 18 ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
I like the ride that the 18 wheels give. I really didn't want 19 wheels as I was concerned the ride would be too harsh and my elderly mother would not like it too much either. I look forward to seeing your RCZ when you get it :)

A

Anonymous

It's a big difference and equates to on actual wheel surface area to about 2 inches my last car I had both 18s and 19s wheels using the 18s for winter driving the difference in actual on show was as l said over 2 inches its night and day and driving the rcz with 19" wheels is relatively good not as badas my last car but it had a 35 tyre profile and firmer suspension

A

Anonymous

Welcome F1stato. Pics please! And enjoy your driving................

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your welcomes guys (and gals!)

Just tried to upload a pic and the file was too large, so will have to amend the camera,

Sport Vs GT is an easy decision when there is only a sport on the lease list!