What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Am I pleased I..........

A

Anonymous

Had a puncture this afternoon and am I pleased I followed the advice of some on this forum and got myself the 407 spacesaver and jack etc. A screw went through my front passenger side tyre so the AA man had to put the rear wheel onto the front and then the spacesaver onto the rear. All took him about 10 minutes! I have dropped the punctured wheel off to be repaired and fortunately, it can be as the screw went through the flat surface of the tyre.

The AA man was very interested in hearing all about the car and he advised me to get the torque of the wheel nuts checked as he was unsure what it should be and guessed at 140 nm so I phoned my dealer who tells me it should be 100 nm - AA man thought this was important.

Anyway I am delighted I invested in the spacesaver and facing a bill of only a few quid for a puncture repair!

A

Anonymous

real good news you just saved yourself at least £ 230 so thats the space saver paid for straight away and no down time waiting for a tyre glad ive done the same but not had to use it yet :text-bravo: :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

Nice result STEVIEBABIE1. Better than being stranded. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi STEVIEBABIE1

Is there a speed limitation using the space saver on the rear? Im more concerned about getting a flat out in the country side and we can be a long way from civilisation out here in Australia especially when you're limited to 80 kph

Cheers
RCZooM

A

Anonymous

Not sure about OZ but the AA man made a point of telling me about not going above 50 mph but not sure what this is in kph. I would strongly advise any RCZ owner to invest in the spacesaver. Not only does it stop you being stranded, but if you use the stuff supplied with the car to get you home, then it is very likely that you will need to buy a new tyre as many will not repair it after.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Its not only the tyre that is not repairable if you use the gunge you will need to buy a new sensor/valve £90 odd quid!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, what is this spacesaver and 407 jack you're talking about? Pleas explain.
Thanks!

A

Anonymous

The RCZ does not come with a spare wheel supplied so there is no jack supplied either so you need to get one.
A spacesaver is a very modest, basic wheel that many manufacturers now supply with their new cars instead of a full alloy spare, costing hundreds of pounds in the case of the RCZ.
Peugeot do not make a spacesaver for the RCZ but research has found that the spacesaver wheel for the Peugeot 407 car actually fits the RCZ on the rear and also fits into the boot well as well.
To summarise then the spacesaver wheel(407) and jack for the RCZ will cost you about £160 which is a great saving against having to have a new tyre each time you get a punture.
Simples!

A

Anonymous

Had my 1000 mile service today,and brought up the subject of the foam in the tyres.They assured me that the RCZ has a new type of foam that does not harden,and therefore does not ruin the tyre. This then just washes out after use, and the tyre is fine to be repaired in the normal way.
Anyone?

A

Anonymous

STEVIEBABIE1 said:
Not sure about OZ but the AA man made a point of telling me about not going above 50 mph but not sure what this is in kph. I would strongly advise any RCZ owner to invest in the spacesaver. Not only does it stop you being stranded, but if you use the stuff supplied with the car to get you home, then it is very likely that you will need to buy a new tyre as many will not repair it after.

50mph is 80 kph

A

Anonymous

You don't have to have a spacesaver. I have 19 inch rims but the dealer threw in an 18 inch alloy (not the 18 inch RCZ wheel - not sure what brand wheel it is) with a Pirelli tyre on. It fits perfectly in the boot well (inflated)