What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aluminium Roof Rails covered by Warranty?

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
I recently noticed that both my roof rails are blemished / bloomed along their whole length?

My local dealership / garage is going to take some pics to send to Peugeot to see if they are covered under warranty.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and what the outcome was.

(2011 Reg)

RCZ1

Reaction score
If they have a cloudy / milky effect it's a reported problem amongst some members. It's caused by aggressive TFR's and/or sun drying products on the roof rails.

A

Anonymous

Traffic film remover. The sh*t car washes spray over ur car before they power wash it. Or total fertility rate if u prefer. ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If they have a cloudy / milky effect it's a reported problem amongst some members. It's caused by aggressive TFR's and/or sun drying products on the roof rails.

If yours are as RCZ1 describes, I wouldn't expect then to be covered. I had the milky like effect and an hour or so with some elbow grease and it was gone! Never to return!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
I have a pic - but it is too big to upload here! (working on it!)

The Beast has never been washed anywhere other that at home (with lots of love!)

RCZ1

Reaction score
What do you wash your car with and do you use anything on the roof rails? Also is the car washed in sun or shade?

Not trying to find fault. Just trying to find out possible causes :)

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Traffic film remover. The sh*t car washes spray over ur car before they power wash it. Or total fertility rate if u prefer. ;)

I think ill stick to using thw cleaning product on my RCZ rather than my impregnation product.

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
What do you wash your car with and do you use anything on the roof rails? Also is the car washed in sun or shade?

Not trying to find fault. Just trying to find out possible causes :)

Hmmm - my OH usually cleans it for me (he can be a fanatical about things like that!!) I believe over the past 3 years it has been either an Auto Glym Shampoo and Conditioner or a Mer / Mur product.

Always washed in the shade or we get water-spots and chammy'd (black car + hard water area). Has never had a power washer or anything like it used on it.

A

Anonymous

just out of interest, has anyone ever tried removing the roof mouldings? if so what did it entail ?

A

Anonymous

It's possible but don't know how my slightly mad Italian friend has done it on Facebook.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Its clipped on all the way except for a screw under the plastic cover beneath the windscreen.