What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aluminium pillars are being made in Gloucester UK!

A

Anonymous

just saw this article - looks like roof arches are being made in Gloucester (where I live) and sent to Graz!!! Looks like part of my car will end up where it started out!! :clap: Sapa, based in Gloucester, does aluminium fabrication for Aston Martin, Jaguar, Lotus and Bentley so the RCZ is in good company!!!!! :dance:
http://www.just-auto.com/news/supplier- ... 04371.aspx

A

Anonymous

Apparently this company had to step in at the last minute, when the original manufacturer of the arches (based in Germany I think based on reading an article somewhere on the internet) went bust

Glad this didn't derail the launch of the RCZ (don't know what car I would have gone for otherwise!)

A

Anonymous

they only make 100 pairs of arches a week at Sappa In Gloucester they all so get there stock from cheltemham too and are then sent on a train to Graz takes about 2 weeks to arrive at factory. seems this car is multi made (British French German)