What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aluminium Arch keyed - advise

wolv

Reaction score
Hi Folks, first time poster.
I'm currently on the hunt to buy my first RCZ, and I've found one that ticks all the boxes...
except for a 3 inch key scratch on the aluminium arch above the driver's door.

I'm having difficulty finding reliable information on cosmetically repairing it. Is it the same as a normal bodywork scratch - or something else entirely?

Any advice appreciated.
Ta

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I would imagine it would be quite difficult to repair as it isn’t painted. A replacement from a breakers or wrapping both arches would probably be the cheapest option.
I think replacements are still available from Peugeot, but as with all things Pug, they are not cheap.

2retro

Reaction score
Just get the arches wrapped while still on the car. Easier, cheaper and will look great. 👍

D

Deleted User

I would imagine it would be quite difficult to repair as it isn’t painted. A replacement from a breakers or wrapping both arches would probably be the cheapest option.
I think replacements are still available from Peugeot, but as with all things Pug, they are not cheap.

over £1,000 each chap... (seriously!)

D

Deleted User

as said, there's zero chance of repairing them i'm afraid.

there's a few breakers yards selling them - be careful though, the photos don't always tell the truth!

trust me - finding a replacement arch is going to be a lot easier than finding an RCZ that ticks the boxes for you...

ian b

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, as stated you can have your arches Vinyl wrapped or even Hydrodipped to make your car Look different Or you could buy a replacement at a breakers they usually go for around £75.

Ian J.

Reaction score
I've had 3 RCZs and the arches have both gone a sort of mottled look on the 2 chrome ones, the other car had black arches so no issues.
Wrapping is the best option.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi Folks, first time poster.
I'm currently on the hunt to buy my first RCZ, and I've found one that ticks all the boxes...
except for a 3 inch key scratch on the aluminium arch above the driver's door.

I'm having difficulty finding reliable information on cosmetically repairing it. Is it the same as a normal bodywork scratch - or something else entirely?

Any advice appreciated.
Ta
I think they are Anodised brushed Aluminum I have a couple on mine but after a wash down I use Autosol chrome cleaner & it takes them out of eyesight all except one which is caught out by sunlight on a angle so just maybe you can try to buff it out with elbow grease ? Failing that I go with the flow & say check the breakers

Marmite

Reaction score
I enquired about getting my arches wrapped an was told it would not stay on there so I never bothered , maybe I will look into it again

darrensj

Reaction score
I enquired about getting my arches wrapped an was told it would not stay on there so I never bothered , maybe I will look into it again
Hi here are pics of ours recently wrapped black, because mottled and effected by sunlight, so far so good not looking like its going to come off at all.

Attachments

• 20200604_170304.jpg
    20200604_170304.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16

Ian J.

Reaction score
Hi here are pics of ours recently wrapped black, because mottled and effected by sunlight, so far so good not looking like its going to come off at all.
looks good how much did it cost wouldn't mind getting mine done

Marmite

Reaction score
Looks good mine are mottled as well don’t know why they did not paint them in the factory an also I’d like to know how much it costs

2retro

Reaction score
I was quoted £150 for both of mine to be done in carbon fiber black before the world imploded if that helps...!

Dedra1

Reaction score
HI, you could get them painted silver chrome or whatever colour you want....I ve ujsed Autosol to polish out scratches then wax polish..looks good
till we get some heavy rain!!!. I was thinking of getiing very fine wet/dry sand paper & sanding them, using polish instead of water to lubricate sandpaper.
Good luck!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I would think Lubricated very fine wet & dry would do it, or even fine wire wool, but I think your likely to end up with a brushed satin finish. If your plan is to do something with them anyway, paint, wrap, replace, you don’t have anything to lose really.