What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alternatives to Swisswax Seal Feed

A

Anonymous

I've just been looking at Swisswax Seal Feed - upon reading Ron's recommendations on icy windows and how to overcome it.

I had a bit of a sticky moment this morning in the frost - partly my fault due to washing the car yesterday :oops: and now thinking I should get me some!!

But £42 for 250ml on Polished Bliss website - holy cr4p :evil: !!! Not spending that ... especially at this time of year .... not on the car! Anyone use anything else ..... I'm thinking about the 'Vaseline' route myself!!! :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Donna I recommended it to Ron. It does seem expensive but you use such a tiny amount the bottle is going to last forever.

Another that people recommend is Gummi fledge but I was not keen on this because when it rained it used to streak down the paintwork. That was despite wiping it down afterwards so I threw it away.

Vaseline would also work, remember you only need a tiny amount.

A

Anonymous

Swissvax Seal Feed applied properly is very very good but price does reflect that can be used on inside and outside seals

Gummi pfledge is only for inside door seals as RCZ1 has said it will run in the rain but is good for inside seals

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is not ideal for rubber care its old school but the petroleum is not ideal for rubber can cause it to break down over time.

Another good one is Wurth Rubber Spray

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Remember that the 'jelly' stuff you mention is more for exterior use on black bumpers and plastics, etc. I meant the spray stuff for cleaning and shining interior vinyl and rubber.

RCZ1

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:
Swissvax Seal Feed applied properly is very very good but price does reflect that can be used on inside and outside seals

Gummi pfledge is only for inside door seals as RCZ1 has said it will run in the rain but is good for inside seals

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is not ideal for rubber care its old school but the petroleum is not ideal for rubber can cause it to break down over time.

I didn't realise that Gummi pfledge was for Interior door seals only. It was recommended to me for use outside. No wonder I had problems with it :thumbdown: The Swissvax stuff is really good though and leaves seals looking like new. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The Swissvax stuff is really good though and leaves seals looking like new. :thumbup:
I just hope that I find both the time and the energy to apply the stuff this weekend. I do get worried when I read "when applied properly" Oh dear that does sound time consuming :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
The Swissvax stuff is really good though and leaves seals looking like new. :thumbup:
I just hope that I find both the time and the energy to apply the stuff this weekend. I do get worried when I read "when applied properly" Oh dear that does sound time consuming :thumbdown:

Just follow the instructions on the bottle and be ok and give it a very light wipe after 30 mins :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
BespokeCarCare said:

I didn't realise that Gummi pfledge was for Interior door seals only. It was recommended to me for use outside. No wonder I had problems with it :thumbdown: The Swissvax stuff is really good though and leaves seals looking like new. :thumbup:

i have seen alot of people over the years recommending Gummi for seals on DW then you get people comeing back asking why its streaking when rains
•Conditions all weather seals around doors, hood and trunk thats what it says for it well the seals its talking about are the inside ones like alot of products they get recommened with out people actully trying them to much hear say sometime on DW its only downfall.

Why RCZ forum is lucky to have you RCZ1 as you have a dam good idea on most things so helpful to the forum :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:
RCZ1 said:
BespokeCarCare said:

i have seen alot of people over the years recommending Gummi for seals on DW then you get people comeing back asking why its streaking when rains
•Conditions all weather seals around doors, hood and trunk thats what it says for it well the seals its talking about are the inside ones like alot of products they get recommened with out people actully trying them to much hear say sometime on DW its only downfall.

Why RCZ forum is lucky to have you RCZ1 as you have a dam good idea on most things so helpful to the forum :thumbup:
:oops: :oops: Gosh - I only try my best :thumbup: