What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alternative for brake dicss RCZ R

DanRo

Reaction score
A friend of mine also had problems with his brake disk's on his RCZ R.
The original disc's heve problems with warping

They are so expensive that he went looking for an alternative which he first didn't find anywhere
Nobody could supply, but Leo pushed on and Tarox promised to make him a set and so they did.

So now you have an alternative :

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front-tarox-brake-discs-peugeot-rcz-r-bespoke/

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Thanks for the hint! :greetings-wavingblue:

I for myself will stick to the original Alcons. And over here in ze Germany they almost hang you by your balls when you change something on your car. Changes to brakes? Jeeez, that is comparable to committing a murder for those MOT guys. :lol: :lol:

As for the so-called warping I suggest your buddy take a training on a race track to learn how to brake properly with those brakes. It might sound harsh but the truth is when you know how to use them, you will never run into overheating problems.

On one set of those Alcon I managed to create the famous hotspots where material transfers from the pads to the disc and creates different friction spots. Those "feel" to the driver like a warped disc. But it took me one afternoon on a deserted road and about 15 emergency braking runs to cure those discs.

Right now I'm on my 7th set of Alcons+pads. Still going strong and slamming the brakes like a maniac.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
They look good and certainly the build appears to be second to none for quality.

I take it that it is £850 for a pair? which is a real saving and for hand milled a bonus.

If I ever get to the stage where I need some more these will be considered highly. :thumbup:

Cheers :beer:

DanRo

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Thanks for the hint! :greetings-wavingblue:

As for the so-called warping I suggest your buddy take a training on a race track to learn how to brake properly with those brakes. It might sound harsh but the truth is when you know how to use them, you will never run into overheating problems.

Explain to hose how to brake properly, it "looks" like you are the expert.

If have owned lot's of different cars, one of them was also an RCZ THP200. I drove this also on the track and I had never now problems with the discs. With my R I had the car for 8000 km, took it ones to the track and my discs got warped. I also have an Focus RS (Brembo brakes) and I also drive this car on the track. I have had no problems with the brakes. So in one car I'm a bad driver and I need to learn how to brake and in the other car I'm good driver and I don't need any lessons ?

Then there is the issue of the price the discs of a Porsche 911 are cheaper then the ones of the RCZ R. Peugeot is robbing you. The discs from Brembo cost less then half the price.

Spart

Reaction score
Handy to know there is an alternative, maybe even Peugeot will find out and drop the price of the Alcons :clap:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Spart said:
Handy to know there is an alternative, maybe even Peugeot will find out and drop the price of the Alcons :clap:

I've just seen John Lennon flying an UFO .....

Spart

Reaction score
DanRo said:
A friend of mine also had problems with his brake disk's on his RCZ R.
The original disc's heve problems with warping

They are so expensive that he went looking for an alternative which he first didn't find anywhere
Nobody could supply, but Leo pushed on and Tarox promised to make him a set and so they did.

So now you have an alternative :

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front-tarox-brake-discs-peugeot-rcz-r-bespoke/

Has your freind given any feed back on the Tarox discs as yet?

A

Anonymous

i'm the friend :greetings-wavingblue:

Tarox discs look nice, are lighter, cheaper (2 parts) to replace.

I've done about 500km's now with them, so they are ready for some abuse.

My old alcon discs are still in my hands, and i'm gonna have them refurbished.
They will be milled down a bit.

I also believe there is some hot spotting involved, but they are nice spare set (only 26.000km on them)

Some images of the rebuilding

ChrisS

Reaction score
Hi - reignite an aged post... but 6m in - how are you finding the Tarox discs and pads?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There are now other manufacturers getting their acts together with replacement brakes for the R, we had a chat with K-Sport brakes at this years trax event at Silverstone they had some seriously nice kit for the R at great prices and some super replacement six pot callipers in whatever finish you want even a cool iridium finish. There are some photos on a thread about the trax event if you have a search. :thumbup: