What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy Wheels Stolen?

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone - I'm a prospective Peugeot RCZ buyer about next year. I want to get the GT in Opal White with the 19" Black Onyx alloy wheels (killer look!!). I'm concerned about alloy wheels being stolen, though!
I live in Kingston Upon Thames so it's not a particularly bad area to live at all, although my block has twelve flats with an underground parking (which has zero security - it's just a bunch of marked parking spaces below the building). A neighbour once had her Ford Focus' wheels stolen, which is weird because there's a couple of BMWs, a Dodge and a Cadillac around here. The neighbour who owns the Cadillac was surprised they didn't go for his car which actually has expensive alloy wheels. There is some more parking outside along the road (it's a close so it's a small, quiet dead-end road).

Long story short, I don't currently have a car but having an attractive Peugeot RCZ can not be too good for planting myself as a target! :wtf:
Of course, this kind of thing happens pretty much anywhere. I've been looking into the problem and it seems the only thing one can do is buy high-quality locking nuts such as McGard Ultras and also to install a car tilt alarm. My question is - do you guys use all this?
Have you had any problems?
Does the Peugeot RCZ even come with a tilt alarm?
I'm honestly very paranoid about this! :(

Thanks very much for any tips/moral support you can give! :)

A

Anonymous

Sounds great. The consensus online seems to be that standard manufacturer locking wheel nuts are generally not as good, sometimes because they are very generic and a master key can be had easily. I'll probably invest £175 to buy five kits of McGard Ultras to fit all 5 nuts per wheel with them (you can tell I'm very paranoid!). As for the tilt alarm, that's a nice relief!

EDIT: Does anyone know the size of the RCZ's locking nuts?

A

Anonymous

You'll only need four though cos it only has 4 wheels mate :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
You'll only need four though cos it only has 4 wheels mate :eusa-whistle:

I think hes saying hes going to replace every single wheel nut with a locking one ????? :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Direct from the handbook:-
ALARM
- Exterior perimeter
The system checks for opening of the vehicle
The alarm is triggered if anyone tries to open the door, the boot, the bonnet.

- interior volumetric
The system checks for any variation in the volume in the passenger compartment.
The alarm is triggered if anyone breaks a window, enters the passenger compartment or moves inside the vehicle.

- Tilt
The system checks for any change in the altitude of the vehicle.
The alarm is triggered if the vehicle is lifted, moved or knocked.

Self protection function
The system checks for the pulling out of service of it's components.
The alarm is triggered if the battery, the central control or the wires of the siren are put out of service or damaged.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Maybe the person posting is actually trying to figure out how to steal our wheels...just a thought looking at this from a different angle :eusa-think:

I mean, I have been on a lot of forums and never heard of anyone starting their first thread with "I am looking at buying this car, but I am worried the wheels will be stolen", sorry it doesn't make sense to me!

If this is not the case, then stop worrying about things like this !!!

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the extract from the manual!
And yes, my intentions are to replace every single locking nut - it might seem psychopathic but better that the thief gets frustrated and breaks a window in anger than find my car on bricks!

As for my intentions, there's nothing anyone can say or do on an Internet forum to prove they're genuine! :)
All I can say is that I am. I'm finishing off a research degree in Plasma Physics and training to become a secondary school teacher. I'll only be confident in my financial stability (in buying an RCZ) once I'm working again. I only ask now because I'd rather be prepared than shocked! :)
Thank you all for your replies.

A

Anonymous

I can supply a photo of the wife if you need one, just put it in the window.
Best anti theft system on the market. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Hells Bells..............I dont think I could settle knowing that my car is several floors below, in an unattended area, with a threat of it being automotivley raped.
I wish you well and that you are not targetted.
I blew my top recently when someone nicked my Dustbin; god help anyone who nicked my auto ! ! !
(PS: Got the bin back)

A

Anonymous

Remove your wheels and leave the car on bricks every night to deter thieves.

A

Anonymous

Paul Bannister said:
Remove your wheels and leave the car on bricks every night to deter thieves.

Hahahaha that's quite funny. I think that's the 100% proof method, to be fair! :)

A

Anonymous

i would be tempted to ask the property owner to fit cctv to the car park area and upgrade the lighting,even if there was an extra charge on the rent,im sure most car owners would bee happy to pay a small charge. im presently looking at my treasured bee from my computer desk via 24hr recorded cctv, no probs.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
i would be tempted to ask the property owner to fit cctv to the car park area and upgrade the lighting,even if there was an extra charge on the rent,im sure most car owners would bee happy to pay a small charge. im presently looking at my treasured bee from my computer desk via 24hr recorded cctv, no probs.

That's really good. Sadly the management of this building doesn't want to do anything at all, even if it costs them nothing. They also seem to oppose anything that even the residents want to pay for themselves. I'll speak to my neighbours and see if they want to form a coalition or something! :)
They could very nicely fit a door and entry/exit gate with some lights. CCTV is also pretty cheap by the looks of it.

A

Anonymous

Gib007 said:
Sadly the management of this building doesn't want to do anything at all, even if it costs them nothing.
They also seem to oppose anything that even the residents want to pay for themselves.
I'll speak to my neighbours and see if they want to form a coalition or something! :)
They could very nicely fit a door and entry/exit gate with some lights. CCTV is also pretty cheap by the looks of it.

The reason is that "The Management" then become immediately liable for anything that happens to the kit that is fitted :roll:
Usually, the Insurance goes up as well :helpme:
Also, what happens in a few years when the Residents decide that they no longer wish to pay / contribute to the fittings.
"The Management" are stuck with something they didn't want and now have to service / repair / replace.
Also, what happens when half the Residents think something needs to be changed / updated and the other half don't.

My advice: Enjoy the car when you get it and RELAX a bit.
If you go through all the "what ifs" in Life you'll end up a jibbering wreck and not enjoying Life - or the car.
Alternatively, you can leave it in my Garage. It's nice and warm, fully secure, automatic door. Only £5k a week :thumbup:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
The reason is that "The Management" then become immediately liable for anything that happens to the kit that is fitted :roll:
Usually, the Insurance goes up as well :helpme:
Also, what happens in a few years when the Residents decide that they no longer wish to pay / contribute to the fittings.
"The Management" are stuck with something they didn't want and now have to service / repair / replace.
Also, what happens when half the Residents think something needs to be changed / updated and the other half don't.

My advice: Enjoy the car when you get it and RELAX a bit.
If you go through all the "what ifs" in Life you'll end up a jibbering wreck and not enjoying Life - or the car.
Alternatively, you can leave it in my Garage. It's nice and warm, fully secure, automatic door. Only £5k a week :thumbup: :

Fair enough, all fair reasons. Indeed I think I need to relax a bit about this! :)
Tilt alarm, locking wheel nuts and common sense should do the job. Thanks for the offer of your garage but I think I'll pass on the premium! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Gib007 said:
Fair enough. Yes, you are right Gorwell, I am overreacting a little bit.
Tilt alarm, locking wheel nuts and common sense should do the job.

Don't forget.

The biggest Anti-Theft Device you have already, factory fitted and proven to 100% work:

The PEUGEOT Badge on the Front :lol:

Hope this helps. Have a good night my friend.

:greetings-wavingblue: