What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy Wheel Upgrade 18 to 20 inch

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased my RCZ 2.0 HDI Sport in Pearl White and would like to upgrade the Alloys from 18 to 20 inch wheels. Any suggestions, tips, advice on this? What would be the dangers if any and are there any particulars I need to watch out for?

I really appreciate any advice!

A

Anonymous

Hi there, just read your comment and I wouldn't recommend going up to a 20 inch alloy. i had a Vauxhall Insignia with 20 inch rims on and every pot hole i went down either scrapped the rim or blew the side wall out of the tyre. I had to put 2 new tyres on the car within the space of 4 months. As you can imagine the tyres were never kept in stock at the local garage and had to be ordered in. The alloys were always getting damaged and the overall ride in the car was very hard and bumpy especially after trying to miss the pot holes, I know its a different car but 19 inch alloys are far better. keep the same size but look for a different style

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
If I had chosen, I would have picked some really wide 19s for mine, but I purchased it with 20s already fitted. They have been on the car for almost 5 years now. The ride is a little rougher, but not unbearable. Mine are 20x10, so nice and fat.

Up to you, but I do think 19s look big enough. Just get some nice wide ones so the look fat from behind :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I've got 19's as standard on mine & everyone comments on the wheels. The ride is pretty firm on 19's so I can imagine 20's being pretty much uncomfortable.

A

Anonymous

On my insignia the ride was horrible, not to bad on the motorways but on minor road i was hellish. It taught me an important lesson that I will never forget. 19's are big enough

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I've recently got an RCZ. Moved from a 508 GT saloon. Both 235/40/19 wheels.
Personally, I think the RCZ is more comfortable.
Pot holes are to be avoided, but day to day to me it feels a bit less "jiggly".
The 508 was great on a faster road, felt safe and secure. Round town though felt a bit hard.
Some of that could be down to the seats. The 508s seats despite being a "sports" type seat were too wide for me.
I feel more comfortable and held in place in the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

WOW! You Guys are Awesome! I really appreciate the feedback! Thank you for the great answers! I always say there is none the wiser as through experience. I might now get 19 incher's instead of 20. The reason why I wanted 20 incher's in the first place was to make my car look like this:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Peugeot+ ... er9LS5UfJM:

I love the Oxigin Oxrock 14 Alloys in white to match the color of the car. This one has 9,5 x 20 inch Oxigin 14 Oxrock and 255/30 tyres. I'm getting a Carbon Fibre diffusor from Rexspeed and quad exhaust installed next week. I am also going to get an ECU remap done. I will upload some before and after pics for you to check out! Again... Many thanks Guys!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have seen those wheels on a Z in fact, very likely it was that car at last years Yorkshire meet, one of our European visitors. I did like the look of it.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of yours to compare the before & after. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Found a couple if photos I took last year....

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 8,647
  • IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 8,648

2retro

Reaction score
*Waits for DK's reply...*

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There can only be one reply .......

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

:cry:

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

As promised here are the pics from the Quad Modification on my RCZ. I also got an ECU Re-Map done that upped 40 BHP on the motor. The car looks killer and rides like a monster with the added horses. I am really happy with the results! :clap:

Attachments

• Quad Mod After.gif
    Quad Mod After.gif
    197.5 KB · Views: 8,492
  • Quad Mod After 1.gif
    Quad Mod After 1.gif
    179.2 KB · Views: 8,491

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Looks great mate. They're similar tips to mine (although mine aren't quads).

A

Anonymous

Yep! Really happy with that Carbon Fibre Diffusor too! Looks Killer and the re-map really put some pep into the motor! After I got it done I took my wife for a test drive... She got scared very quickly!!! :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Diablo043 said:
Yep! Really happy with that Carbon Fibre Diffusor too! Looks Killer and the re-map really put some pep into the motor! After I got it done I took my wife for a test drive... She got scared very quickly!!! :)
How did you find the ease of fitting the rexpeed defuser? I bought one quite a while ago and was told it was a cover that fitted over the original but now know it replaces the original so I'm going to fit once I get quads done.

A

Anonymous

Hiya!

I found it easy to fit. Just gave it to my installer and they worked away! :thumbup: No... Seriously... I was there when they were fitting it. They removed the original diffuser completely and installed the Rexspeed Carbon Fibre one with no hassle. It is designed to fit perfectly and you can see by the pics, there are no gaps or imperfections. Just make sure you get an original Rexspeed diffuser for a Peugeot RCZ. If you get a product from another producer I can't vouch for them...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have the rexpeed one :thumbup: it looks great on your car, I want the full rexpeed kit but it's just so expensive! £400 just for the side skirts! £165 for the rear bumper extensions! I'll have to save up and get the lot done with the quads as well. :beer:

A

Anonymous

I agree! It is expensive but the look is great!

There is a cheaper alternative though... you could just get a Carbon Fiber wrap done. The look would be the same but cheaper. The only problem with wrapping though is that its not a permanent solution. As far as I know wrapping doesn't last long if you don't take care of it. I was told it lasts maybe 3 to 4 years and then you might have to get it done again. I was thinking of having the roof and the arches done in Carbon Fiber wrap. I could get that done for about 100 Quid.