What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy wheel - Midnight Silver corrosion

A

Anonymous

Just noticed that the paint finish on both nearside wheels is starting to bubble up. No damage to the wheels from kurbing and the car is only 10 months old. Anyone else found problems with this wheel colour? Fingers crossed the warrenty covers this, but I bet they try and wriggle out of it. Let me know after you have had a close look or if you have ever been succesful with such a claim????????

A

Anonymous

yep slight bubbling on two of my wheels, not good but then again i can live with it cause i love my bee. :dance:

A

Anonymous

fg rob posted this up also a while ago on another thread :wave:

FGRob

Reaction score
Tangellow said:
Just noticed that the paint finish on both nearside wheels is starting to bubble up. No damage to the wheels from kurbing and the car is only 10 months old. Anyone else found problems with this wheel colour? Fingers crossed the warrenty covers this, but I bet they try and wriggle out of it. Let me know after you have had a close look or if you have ever been succesful with such a claim????????
I had all 4 alloys replaced, standard GT 19", due to corrosion - no problems with Peugeot replacing them, took some photo's and within a week they were replaced.

One of the factors not helping the situation was the very aggressive cleaner used by the dealer, I think they left it on for too long and certainly did not remove it all from the back of the spokes, which is where my bubbling started from.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I am pleased to say that following my post Peugeot contacted me and advised to take to main dealer. Dealers photographed all 4 wheels with corrosion and subsequently agreed to replace all 4 under warrenty even provided a loan car whilst the wheels were replaced. Very very impressed and restores my faith in my local dealer.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Good on ya PUG UK :thumbup:

aye good on PUG UK as they shouldnt have corroded in the first place :eusa-think: :eusa-think: ;)

A

Anonymous

I have the standard alloys, the 2nd wheel is soon being replaced due to corrosion :-(

A

Anonymous

gatt767 said:
I have the standard alloys, the 2nd wheel is soon being replaced due to corrosion :-(
The only corrosion that I am seeing is the hubs. But they have been so right from the moment that it was handed over. Not that they are getting any better. I keep my wheels spotless but the appearance is let down by the rusty hubs :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Hammerite em?
If only I had the tools to do so. Like a jack and brace for example :helpme: Oh ye RCZs don't need such things do they?? When funds permit a spare wheel will be purchased from Peugeot, just hope that I don't get any further punctures in the meantime.

A

Anonymous

I painted my hubs with hammerite when I got the car new in March, they still look great.