What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alarm / Locks De-activation

A

Anonymous

Firstly, I'm new on here, so hello to everyone and a Happy New Year.

Right, down to business!

Went to my RCZ (Red Carbon) and automatically hit the key-fob to open. Upon seeing nothing happened, I noticed the wing-mirrors were out and it wasn't locked (this is the morning - first time I'd been near the car since the previous day).

I then noticed the boot was slightly ajar, and to my horror my golf-clubs weren't there!

After calming myself down, I went to the police to report the theft. The police said this is happening all the time in the Glasgow area (some BMW's too). Apparently the thieving bastards have some device to de-activate the alarm / locks. The polis said I'd be wasting my time reporting it to Peugeot, as they'd never admit to any fault.

Has anyone else encountered this?

frankvdb

Reaction score
I am so sorry for you.
Just out of interest, did the thieves jam your remote while locking the car (thus preventing it from locking) or are they able to open the car after you've fully locked it and engaged the alarm?
I knew about the first method and that is something you can notice when locking the car.
If it is the latter, that is very bad news and basically means you can't leave anything in the car when parking in public places. :(

Abzynthe

Reaction score
It happened with my dads peugeot van a few months ago. Luckily they caught the person, but none of the stolen items.
His van was locked and the alarm was armed.
Theres not much you can do really. Unless you do the old bolt and padlock on the door lol.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, happened to me but on another car. I now have an aftermarket alarm (Viper) which automatically changes the frequency of the signal from the fob.

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
I am so sorry for you.
Just out of interest, did the thieves jam your remote while locking the car (thus preventing it from locking) or are they able to open the car after you've fully locked it and engaged the alarm?
I knew about the first method and that is something you can notice when locking the car.
If it is the latter, that is very bad news and basically means you can't leave anything in the car when parking in public places. :(

Thanks, Frank.

The car was fully locked and alarmed. It must have happened overnight.

Like Abzynthe says, aside from having 17 armed soldiers round the car, the boot bolted and barbed-wire all over it, there's nothing you can do.

The moral of the story is, do not leave anything valuable in your RCZ.

A

Anonymous

RCZ_123 said:
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, happened to me but on another car. I now have an aftermarket alarm (Viper) which automatically changes the frequency of the signal from the fob.

Cheers, RCZ_123.

That's a good shout - will look into that.

tianorth

Reaction score
Do you know about the deadlocking feature?

If having locked the car (lights indicated and mirrors fold in) if you then press the lock button again, lights will flash again and the system will be deadlocked.

The second press has to be done shortly after the first lock, but you can do it after lights have flashed.

I don't know if this deadlocking feature will prevent jammers working but I have got in the habit of locking the car waiting for the mirrors to fold in and then deadlocking the car as well.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

If your car won't lock then use the key in the lock to manually lock it.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You can just press it twice, one straight after the other. You will hear two clunks.
My indicators only flash when I unlock the car. After about 30 seconds upon locking, my indicators come on for about 3 seconds then go off.

A

Anonymous

Dead locking only prevents door from being opened from inside, i.e if someone smashes your window and tries to open the door. If thiefs have picked up your key fob frequency they can unlock just as you can with your key fob. It's still a good idea to deadlock but doesn't give you complete protection against the latest methods used by thiefs these days.