What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Air Intake Turbo Hose.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Thanks Goats you nailed it!! As I suspected my retaining clip is missing but I feel alot better about pulling the pipe off. Thanks 👍

Cxngomez

Reaction score
Thanks Pero, gave them a call and no stock available. I have manged to effect a repair and hope it lasts till the new hose arrives from Holland.
Could you explain how you managed to repair it temporarily? As my RCZ has the same problem and while I try find the pipe I want to try attempt to fix the problem
And by any chance could that be the reason why I have a check engine light and a message saying engine fault repair needed?

boatdriver

Reaction score
I used Gorilla glue and so far it has worked. The glue sets very hard. It's about £5.99 for a bottle of the stuff

Themulsh

Reaction score
The air intake turbo hose has split at the turbo end. I have searched on the internet for a replacement and haven't had much success.
I would be grateful if anyone has suggestions as to where I could get one. My local Peugeot Dealer is shut for lockdown etc.
Thanks
Amazon £24 pounds, bought one last week

French Letter

Reaction score
The Aussies have lots:

So do the stinking commie Chinese.

anghel132

Reaction score
Hi Guys, howd everyone go with their intakes? Mines on its way, supposedly genuine. Ive got a crack on mine right right here (check photo)111822902.jpg

When I push it up past 4-5k revs it throws the boost pressure not detected error. Had multiple mechanics tell me thats because of this pipe being broken or cracked. Is that a known issue?

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks like you may have a vacuum problem as any of the intake hoses with a crack or perforation can cause issues which will trigger the EML light there has been few owners with the same post regarding the this hose & in almost the exact same place the oil vapour bypass elbow

anghel132

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro! Well hopefully this makes life better with the new one. The old one was an ebay buy, cracked in less than 3 months of use.

Im also using a GFB DV+, didnt realise this has an expected error because of the way its manufactured. Thought the pipe was causing it.

Pedro

Reaction score
Not sure why the DV is triggering a fault unless its the Valve housing leaking? I know the ECU monitors the AIR intake boost through the MAF& MAP sensors if something is wrong these will trigger the EML you may still be experiencing a vacuum leak?

anghel132

Reaction score
Not sure why the DV is triggering a fault unless its the Valve housing leaking? I know the ECU monitors the AIR intake boost through the MAF& MAP sensors if something is wrong these will trigger the EML you may still be experiencing a vacuum leak?
This is the old response from GFB apparently:

P2261 is a “soft” code that can appear when using the DV+ with both springs installed. The majority of cars will not see this code, but whether or not it appears depends a lot on the individual car and the current modifications. P2261 does not usually illuminate the check engine light, (is it doing this in your case?) nor does it have any flow-on effects within the ECU, and therefore is quite harmless.

This code is simply a result of the ECU detecting a change in the behaviour of the diverter valve (N249 valve), and logging an error code that prompts a service technician to inspect the diverter valve.

The DV+ is designed to operate differently so that throttle response and boost recovery on gearshift are improved, and in the cases where the P2261 error code appears, that’s exactly what the ECU is detecting. Part of the reason for replacing the factory diverter is so that it offers a performance benefit, and to do this, it MUST operate differently than the valve it replaces or there would be no point replacing it.

Although the P2261 code is harmless, it is possible to install the DV+ without the main spring (the short, larger diameter one behind the brass piston) so that it operates the same way as the factory diverter. This should prevent the error code, but it also means throttle response and boost recovery are the same as with the factory diverter. You do still get the benefit of improved boost holding though.

Though I will try with a brand new unit and one of these at some point.

Pedro

Reaction score
I thought about fitting one (GBF) on my 200GT but after doing some digging I found they have a habit of running dry & could potentially I believe start sticking in the piston chamber so I binned the idea but others have had no issues depends what the tuning setup is they have installed on the car

pennant235

Reaction score
Hi Guys, howd everyone go with their intakes? Mines on its way, supposedly genuine. Ive got a crack on mine right right here (check photo)View attachment 12269

When I push it up past 4-5k revs it throws the boost pressure not detected error. Had multiple mechanics tell me thats because of this pipe being broken or cracked. Is that a known issue?
I have the same issue, did this fix your engine light? Bit of background ,after going over a bump i got engine light on. the code was p000b so I have brought a cam position sensor as the code said it could be cam sensor, but then noticed the crack in the plastic. Which could of been the issue all along. Iv brought the inlet hose too. hopefully that sorts my engine light issue.

Pedro

Reaction score
I replaced all mine turbo & intercooler as the airbox to turbo plastic ones have been under suspicion for a long time for causing air turbulence/buffering because of their shape my 200 has never run smoother especially at low speeds after fitting the silicone hoses maybe see my post "Blue in the face"