What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Air induction kit

Craff10

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a little bit of trouble sourcing a decent make of cone filter and hose for my 2010 200GT, any help would be much welcomed.

Thanks
Craff10

Flanners

Reaction score
you remapping etc? If not I would not bother

Craff10

Reaction score
I was thinking of remapping after getting the air induction sorted the only filtration I can see is the K&N, why shouldn’t I bother with it ?

Attachments

• IMG_1378.png
    IMG_1378.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 6

Flanners

Reaction score
it's all personal and subjective, but imo you will be wasting money as such a system will give you next to nothing in performance gains on the RCZ, in fact it could even prove worse. I have paid money for such systems over the years on many cars and apart from a bit of induction noise it made naff all real world difference on cars that have decent OE induction already.

lfe

Reaction score
it's all personal and subjective, but imo you will be wasting money as such a system will give you next to nothing in performance gains on the RCZ, in fact it could even prove worse. I have paid money for such systems over the years on many cars and apart from a bit of induction noise it made naff all real world difference on cars that have decent OE induction already.
I totally agree, also those filters inside the engine compartment catch hot air, which is less dense, and therefore power is lost.

As you can see in your car, the original system has ducts to take in fresh air from outside.

The intake systems of the cars on origin are not usually so badly designed that you can gain 5% of power by changing it for another.

In addition, the car regulates the pressure of the turbo regardless of the intake filter, apart from the problem of air temperature, the car will always work with the same pressure at the intake, even if you change the filter.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Cone filters are as Flanners points out no use they can also induce more hot air into the system only a remap & bigger turbo would increase BHP & plugs need changing around 15-20.000 klm max I have the K&N in my 200 & it will make some difference as the vanes are smaller in the panel which means less air restriction compared to the standard filter but they need to be cleaned regularly mine is out & blown with a airline & reoiled & left over 24 hrs to soak at 1000 klm just reuse the old one until its ready to refit

UnknownEntity

Reaction score
Once again people throwing information out that is completely wrong, there are induction kits for the 200 and every single dyno has proven power gains, I don't understand how the stock long intake piping will provide more power than a free flowing short ram intake?

Most RCZ owners don't have much knowledge at all with tuning these engines which is the honest truth, your better of joining 208 gti groups or for the best knowledge and examples join a Mini r56 group.

UnknownEntity

Reaction score
I totally agree, also those filters inside the engine compartment catch hot air, which is less dense, and therefore power is lost.

As you can see in your car, the original system has ducts to take in fresh air from outside.

The intake systems of the cars on origin are not usually so badly designed that you can gain 5% of power by changing it for another.

In addition, the car regulates the pressure of the turbo regardless of the intake filter, apart from the problem of air temperature, the car will always work with the same pressure at the intake, even if you change the filter.
The joke is, if you really took a close look at the stock intake piping, it also sucks air from inside the engine bay. It's not actually attached to the piping coming from the bumper...

lfe

Reaction score
But what it sucks from the inside is minimal, there are some plastic pieces so it can take in the fresh air through a space in the grille between the headlight and the radiator.

lfe

Reaction score
The THP turbo engine regulates the intake manifold absolute pressure measured with the MAP sensor.

This is regulated with the turbo solenoid valve that moves the turbo wastegate.

If on the engine maps the pressure has to go to 1 bar, it will go equal to 1 bar even if you change the filter. The filter should not affect manifold pressure.

But if the air already enters hotter it will also arrive hotter and less dense to the engine.

I can believe that in an atmospheric car that induction can increase power a bit, but the results will change quickly for the worse with the hood down and the engine at 90ºC

Have you followed the Wheeler Dealers tv show?
In several cars that have been repaired, they removed the induction kit and put the original filter back, according to them and me too it reduces power.

Last edited:

UnknownEntity

Reaction score
The THP turbo engine regulates the intake manifold absolute pressure measured with the MAP sensor.

This is regulated with the turbo solenoid valve that moves the turbo wastegate.

If on the engine maps the pressure has to go to 1 bar, it will go equal to 1 bar even if you change the filter. The filter should not affect manifold pressure.

But if the air already enters hotter it will also arrive hotter and less dense to the engine.

I can believe that in an atmospheric car that induction can increase power a bit, but the results will change quickly for the worse with the hood down and the engine at 90ºC

Have you followed the Wheeler Dealers tv show?
In several cars that have been repaired, they removed the induction kit and put the original filter back, according to them and me too it reduces power.
Yes I have seen where a cone filter has reduced power, but on turbo cars it is more likely to gain power. Once you go past 280hp+ on these a intake will definitely be needed, also why high HP builds on other cars use intakes.

The intercooler will make the biggest difference with air intake temps, plus the stock intake piping will soak all the heat from the engine as it is so close and surrounds it, intakes for these usually put the cone filter near the battery where there is hardly any hot air, better if a heat shield is used too. The length from the filter to turbo is probably less than 20cm so it is more responsive and definitely pulls better top end.

UnknownEntity

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a little bit of trouble sourcing a decent make of cone filter and hose for my 2010 200GT, any help would be much welcomed.

Thanks
Craff10

This is one I've found for the 200, the feedback in the France RCZ group has always been positive and when dyno testing, results in increase in power from around 5-20hp depending if it is stock or mapped already