What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Air con on then not

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Hello all, I wonder if anyone has experienced their air con running efficiently but after a stop then restart soon after does not blow cold at all. I spoke to an air conditioning garage that does marine and agricultural vehicle work as well as cars, they said this is very unusual and had their electrical man call me to say that he had seen this before with RCZ Fan Module Fault and it can allow engine to dangerously overheat in Summer town traffic especially and so I have booked into my Peugeot dealership for thorough investigation. Could this be anything else possibly?

Pedro

Reaction score
We just replaced the fan & module on my youngest son's BMW Tourer so it common on any car not just Peugeots but the condenser is a big failure on most modern one's as they are shite the guy who does them by us told me in the pub he is booked up for 6 weeks!

Pedro

Reaction score
Sure its not the gas or leak causing the issue ?

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
The air con came on quickly and worked perfectly until not giving cold air on return trip after leaving car for half hour. An air con service mechanic with experience on RCZ's told me that the exitor wire is exposed and corrodes giving the contact cut out then contact next day to work again normally scenario. I have booked to Tolley Peugeot in Colchester in 2 weeks for thorough sort out.

RCZKam

Reaction score
Can you elaborate (if you know) where this exitor wire is?

I’m having issues with my air con where it randomly blows hot air even though cold was coming through, not getting any cold now at all, been re gassed etc and holds pressure so looking at other things to try

Cheers