What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

air con and heater questions

fleetwood1

Reaction score
I may be thick but i find the heating controls the most hardest to understand out of all the cars i have owned ! What is AUTO ?? Why when i press aircon do the fans start blowing like mad ? in order to have the air con cold do you turn both temp dials to low ?? Is the air con temp controlled by these temp dials ?? Whatever I do when air con is on it doesnt blow cold !

someone please help, in simple words please as my brain is aching ......

2retro

Reaction score
Turn big dial in middle all the way down as that controls the fan (no lights around it). Set the 2 sets of LED numbers to your desired 'comfort level' for each side of cabin (20 on both for me generally). Press 'Auto'. If you want it hotter/colder turn the numbers up or down a bit or to 'HI or 'LO'.

fleetwood1

Reaction score
Turn big dial in middle all the way down as that controls the fan (no lights around it). Set the 2 sets of LED numbers to your desired 'comfort level' for each side of cabin (20 on both for me generally). Press 'Auto'. If you want it hotter/colder turn the numbers up or down a bit or to 'HI or 'LO'.
thank you, when you press a/c do you need to adjust the LED to low to make it colder ?

2retro

Reaction score
I never press 'A/C' at all, only 'Auto' as it remembers your settings.

The 'LO' setting is maximum coldness but you probably don't need to go that far unless it's the height of summer. It's personal preference though of course.