What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

aerial in RCZ

A

Anonymous

Hi there

Does anyone know, or can anyone point me in the right direction, about the aerial in the RCZ? I am assuming it is amplified and filtered; is this the case, and what is the filtering and would it be suitable for DAB radio reception if I spliced the aerial and took it into a DAB unit?

many thanks

dave

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave
Aerial is the top few lines of the heater rear window, so other have said on here.
I could ask about DAB but if you look at the recent post about Highway 300di set up, you will see they did not offer that option for him to get DAB.

Regards
Paul141

A

Anonymous

thanks - that post was by me ;)

they weren't certain about the aerial in the RCZ. certainly if you have an old normal aerial then you can just splice it. active ones are often just filtered to leave only the FM frequencies and then amplified (or vice versa - not sure which way around).

just wondered what the filtering was on the aerial in the RCZ

dave

A

Anonymous

Dave
I have asked my contact about fitting a DABs radio, when he gets in he is going to ask and I will feed back to you.

Paul

A

Anonymous

Dave
OK, they do not support it, its coming in the 508, but WILL need an extra aerial and re-configuring (details NOT available from France yet)
No support for RCZ.

Paul

A

Anonymous

paul

many thanks for the update from your contact. looks like an additional aerial is the only way to go; either an external active aerial (something other than the Pure one) or an internal one (not as good as far as I understand).

cheers

dave