What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Advice please

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi fellow RCZers - have had my lovely Blue 2010 156bhp for 3 years now but she is approaching 90k and to be honest I need to replace her as can no longer put up with ongoing oil leak issues and niggles. So, want to know - have I been very unlucky and will I have same probs if I purchase another RCZ ?
it’s either RCZ or SUV so please, please help

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Jomo have you considered changing her for a Hdi... Very reliable and trustworthy engine I am well happy with mine and Karen's. Worth thinking about.. Let us know what your outcome is...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Karen n Co

Jomo

Reaction score
Thanks Les, not had a diesel car before but think might be way to go - any advice when buying ? X

Kerr

Reaction score
How bad are your issues? It would probably be cheaper to repair than to change.

The RCZ is getting a little older now. A lot of owners sell cars when they have bills coming. You might buy another car with problems to fix.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Like any car service history, don't be put off by the milage as have seen some Hdi with over 240k on the clock and still running well. Cam belt must have been done.. One of ours is on over 80k. Never missed a beat happy hunting...
Les n Co

Jomo

Reaction score
Yeah, remember cam belt from Blue 😁. Thanks for the advice, will let you know how I get on

Jomo

Reaction score
How bad are your issues? It would probably be cheaper to repair than to change.

The RCZ is getting a little older now. A lot of owners sell cars when they have bills coming. You might buy another car with problems to fix.
Have repaired and spent a fair bit - problem is am losing confidence in driving the car and not enjoying as much as I did. Looking to take Verminators advice and look at the HDIs, gather historically they have less issues ?

Kerr

Reaction score
Have repaired and spent a fair bit - problem is am losing confidence in driving the car and not enjoying as much as I did. Looking to take Verminators advice and look at the HDIs, gather historically they have less issues ?

I'm not sure, but the RCZ diesels are Euro 5. They are already subject to LEZ charges and will be pushed out the further we go.

Jomo

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but the RCZ diesels are Euro 5. They are already subject to LEZ charges and will be pushed out the further we go.
Noted - do not intend going anywhere near them zones but appreciate the heads up 😊

2retro

Reaction score
I've never understood why anyone would have a diesel anything but each to their own I guess!

Petrol RCZ's are 100% ULEZ compliant so zero charges if you ever do find yourself in one of those ever-expanding zones...

Jomo

Reaction score
Still on the fence re: petrol / diesel and do not intend to ever find myself in one of them zones - will hire a scooter 😂

Jomo

Reaction score
Thanks but have enquiries out on couple already. Good luck selling it tho ‘

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve had my 200GT for almost 10 years now. No major issues other than the usual HPFP & coil packs. I did have a complete clutch assembly done under warranty, but for the last 7 years, no problems at all. Fantastic car.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Like any car service history, don't be put off by the milage as have seen some Hdi with over 240k on the clock and still running well. Cam belt must have been done.. One of ours is on over 80k. Never missed a beat happy hunting...
Les n Co
I've never understood why anyone would have a diesel anything but each to their own I guess!

Petrol RCZ's are 100% ULEZ compliant so zero charges if you ever do find yourself in one of those ever-expanding zones...
I believe that only the RCZ R are euro 6 as if you look up most RCZs 156 are euro 5 and Hdi are euro 5 too
But hay ho I could be wrong too have a Hdi works for me as a very reliable and rubust engine

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
I believe that only the RCZ R are euro 6 as if you look up most RCZs 156 are euro 5 and Hdi are euro 5 too
But hay ho I could be wrong too have a Hdi works for me as a very reliable and rubust engine

Diesels need to be Euro 6 to avoid LEZ charges. Petrol cars only need to be Euro 4.