What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Advice for a new owner

Fenderjaz

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a rcz sport and am looking for advice on what I should do as a first upgrade for performance and engine tone, what would you guys suggest?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: as for performance I would do a remap more power and better mpg.definitely worth the money just use a reputable company, as far as sound goes the RCZ is a little lame and your only going to sort this by getting a custom exhaust system, this isn’t as expensive as it sounds :D there are off the shelf aftermarket rear systems but these don’t give that much of an improvement in sound. To get some real noise the centre box needs removal.
Hope this helps and try and get some photos posted of your Z we never grow tired of seeing these beautiful cars :beer:

Fenderjaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I've been told that the rcz has some sort of anti-re-map software/chip and needs to be deactivated. Any suggestions on a reputable garage in the Derby area ?

Thanks

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Not heard of the anti remap chip thing :crazy: what I do know is it can’t be remapped through the OBD port the ECU has to come off and have the new map written directly to it.
Sorry can’t help with anyone in Derby :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Not heard of this software, but I don’t know anyone who has had their remap done through the OBD :eusa-think: