What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

actual average time-calais to sheerness

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, having had the confirmation on saturday that my car was on route to calais or already at calais, i have been told today it is infact in calais.
I have heard of it taking as long as 2 weeks to get to the day of driving away in it but i have also heard of it being 5 days from calais to driving it away.
Please could i be enlightened as to your own actual waiting time, so i can get a real average.
the dealer says 3 weeks max but this isnt really giving me a realistic date to expect the car or to have taken out after market stereo equipment in my part ex car.
thanks in advance!

cant wait for the car btw.....

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Mine arrived in Calais on 21st Sept pick up car today 5th Oct thats exactly 2 weeks.

Cheers Gant

A

Anonymous

Mine was 12 days from build date to dealer. Apparently they are doing 3 or 4 crossings a week to get a higher volume over here.

A

Anonymous

Mine was 15 days from build (1st Sept) to collection (15th Sept).
The car was put on the ferry at Calais on the thursday (9th) (I was told that there is only one crossing per week) arrived at Sheerness on the Saturday (11th). Reached the dealer on monday (13th) and I collected it on wednesday (15th).

It was a North London Dealer.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

haddow2004 said:
Hi everyone, having had the confirmation on saturday that my car was on route to calais or already at calais, i have been told today it is infact in calais.
I have heard of it taking as long as 2 weeks to get to the day of driving away in it but i have also heard of it being 5 days from calais to driving it away.
Please could i be enlightened as to your own actual waiting time, so i can get a real average.
the dealer says 3 weeks max but this isnt really giving me a realistic date to expect the car or to have taken out after market stereo equipment in my part ex car.
thanks in advance!

cant wait for the car btw.....
As you can see the timings are all over the place. If you have the original stereo equipment my advice would be to take out the better one from your car now and then there won't be a last minute scramble. I'm sure you could manage with the standard equipment for a few days rather than being caught short of time. Hope your car arrives soon. The wait's a killer :x

A

Anonymous

Yea i think i will take my stereo stuff out my 307cc now so that i can put it in my van :thumbup: and also avoid like you said 'a last minute scramble' which is typically me especially as ive had to wait so long(doing nothing).

hopefully i have to wait no longer then 2 weeks now then!!!!

but is it true that there is more then 1 crossing a week?

THE WAIT IS DOING MY HEAD IN NOW!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,
mine was 12 days from make to delivery to the dealer,after he fast tracked transport from shearness to Perth in Scotland(you can ask for this).
Then the agony.....
still waiting,2 weeks on while transfer of number from DVLA

A

Anonymous

haddow2004 said:
...especially as ive had to wait so long(doing nothing).
THE WAIT IS DOING MY HEAD IN NOW!!

You need to have a bit more patience! I can assure you that your wait is nothing compared to what some people have had to endure. :lol:

It won't be long now. The time from build to delivery does seem to have shortened over the last couple of months down to about two weeks. Just waste some time by browsing through the gallery or something. It'll soon pass.

BTW - I also heard on Tuesday that my car is finally on it's way and is in Calais (ordered in May). Patience!!!

A

Anonymous

Mine took 2 weeks from the build date of the 1st September to the dealer, then 2 weeks for DVLA.
Got it now and that's all that matters.

dpb

Reaction score
Hi,
Mine was at Calais 10th Sept, arrived dealers 16th & picked up 17th.

A

Anonymous

the issue i am having with mine is the build date keeps changing, it was originally 23rd sep, then 4th October and now its tomorrow, we have two on order, the other one is actually 14th now!!!!

A

Anonymous

hhobbit, maybe our cars will be on the same transportation then, mine has to get to aldershot, hampshire. what about yours? let me know if you here anything about yours.

For the record i know i have not had to wait as long as some but 8 weeks 4 days seems a long time still especially when your waiting on something so cool!
i have on order a 156 gt in mercury grey, black leather interior.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm - I reckon I did Dunkirk to M2/A2 junction just south of Sheerness in about 3-and-a-half-hours, including the ferry and a really slow traffic queue for Dover customs.

A

Anonymous

haddow2004 said:
hhobbit, maybe our cars will be on the same transportation then, mine has to get to aldershot, hampshire. what about yours? let me know if you here anything about yours.

For the record i know i have not had to wait as long as some but 8 weeks 4 days seems a long time still especially when your waiting on something so cool!
i have on order a 156 gt in mercury grey, black leather interior.

Mine's got to head over (sorry... under when coming north) the Thames to Essex - Southend. I understand about how bad it can be when waiting for something so good :lol:

Mine's also a 156 gt with black leather interior...but Dolphin Blue. When I hear, I'll be sure to post. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, thank you for all your help. I have just got back from the dealers and my car is there in its plastic covers still! loks amazing. I pick it up on monday so it has been 2 weeks from build date to dealer. It has only been 9 weeks and 2 days on monday which isnt too bad of a wait from order to collection!

A

Anonymous

Originally my post so in answer to er myself, the story goes like this- ordered 14th august, built by 30th september, driven away in it on the 18th october.
Not too bad of a wait in comparison to most.