What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Active spoiler

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody, just wandering if somebody would mind explaining how to set the active spoiler to automatic.

Thanks for your help

2012 GT 200 Amber Red

A

Anonymous

Studalton said:
Hi everybody, just wandering if somebody would mind explaining how to set the active spoiler to automatic.

Thanks for your help

2012 GT 200 Amber Red
If by automatic you mean normal? Just make sure the light on the button is off. This may sound simple but as far as I understand it that's all that's needed. I may be wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am. Please ;-)

A

Anonymous

Automatic is standard. You can override this by use of the button, which allows the spoiler to be left up constantly. Two separate heights can be selected by either one or two presses on the button. Otherwise leave the button untouched for the spoiler to work as it was intended

A

Anonymous

Thanks to you all for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankvdb

Reaction score
I was in Germany for business last week so used the opportunity to test automatic deployment of the spoiler without breaking speed limits and it worked as expected :thumbup: (i.e. went to 2nd stage over 160 km/h and went back to 1st stage below 150).
I never use its button because in the rear view mirror you can actually only see second stage so if you want a different position you can't really be sure it's in it.

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Yes I've tested the "normal operation" a few times. Didn't go to Germany to do it though ;-))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Automatic is standard. You can override this by use of the button, which allows the spoiler to be left up constantly. Two separate heights can be selected by either one or two presses on the button. Otherwise leave the button untouched for the spoiler to work as it was intended

I thought that only one height was available with the manual override..? Mine only seems to go to the highest setting, whereas I prefer it in the low setting - is it possible to do this..?

A

Anonymous

Press it once and then just a single quick press seems to lower mine to stage one.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
My spoiler does not raise automatically only manual...is this correct? I even contacted peugeot and they said it's not automatic....

A

Anonymous

johnny538 said:
Hi,
My spoiler does not raise automatically only manual...is this correct? I even contacted peugeot and they said it's not automatic....

O dear. Unless you have the RCZ R this is not correct.

You won't be able to see the spoiler raise automatically unless you are going 96+ (stage 2), but as the speed limit is 70 I doubt you'll ever see it. If you are concerned, get someone to sit in the back to check it goes up to stage 1 (not possible to this stage when driving) at around 55+ if I remember correctly.

A

Anonymous

Dan is on the money and a top suggestion! I'm concerned that whoever you spoke to at Peugeot doesn't seem to know that! :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Ok...cheers, I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know...Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

How crazy......i messed around turning the spoiler from auto b to manual a few times and it's now working.....crazy rcz (who will now be named christine).....spooky goings on