What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Active Bonnet reset cost

JokUK

Reaction score
Partridge flew into car, active Bonnet deployed, any idea on cost to reset !! Presumably have to go to a pug main dealer

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Only seen this once.
The car was written off, although it was in Australia so parts were probably more expensive.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a warning on the dash? I wonder if you can get secondhand pistons to replace the blown ones they look like they just plug and play but I have seen two different types. :eusa-think:

JokUK

Reaction score
Yes warning light on and bonnet not sitting flat ......

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it would need a re set I wouldn’t have thought that will be expensive it’s the but the pyrotechnic cartridges won’t come cheap just did a bit of research and it may be dangerous to work on the system so dealers it is I’m afraid :thumbdown: fingers crossed it’s affordable let us know how you get on. :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Did you eat the Partridge :eusa-think: I think that’s the least you should have done to it :eusa-whistle:

JokUK

Reaction score
Not much left of it after a few other vehicles finished it off !!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
And a paaartrrridge in a RCZ....

Doesn't have the same ring to it does it ?

JokUK

Reaction score
No...,...and a lot more expensive. Still can't get any sense from Peugeot on repair but my local is confident they can .......

Plecodoras

Reaction score
JokUK said:
No...,...and a lot more expensive. Still can't get any sense from Peugeot on repair but my local is confident they can .......

Well good luck with that JokUK and don't forget to post the outcome and fix on here to help anyone else with partridge - sorry pedestrian pyrotechnics vandals.

JokUK

Reaction score
Still no sense from Peugeot , last email stated 2 x hinges which are £94.42 each 2 actuators which are £395.48 each
1 capscrew which is 38p plus vat . But they couldn't say if this was parts only or included fitting.......still chasing.

Meanwhile my independent said he could do it, got costs from parts supplier but I found someone breaking rear damaged car and got hinges and actuators for £325. Just been fitted, all error codes reset fine apparently jobs a good un. not sure of cost yet but sure its going to be a lot cheaper. Just need to get dents out of bonnet where it flexed on activation !!