What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Absurd trunk/boot door locking mechanism!

tomflek

Reaction score
So I have found sometime ago now that my god damn Peugeot RCZ does that absurd thing, that whole central lock goes haywire because that position of that locking mechanism on trunk door, whenever water gets in there from those 3 holes and goes in contact with that locker mechanism, it unlocks my all doors and also lifts up little bit that boot door... This truly is absurd and embarassing problem that Peugeot didn't even fix, so until I get that locker mechanism coated with some silicone/grease stuff so water won't get contacted on those electronics of that locker, at what hole of those 3 holes is located that stupid locker mechanism? Is it left or middle or right hole where that water goes into that locker mechanism? I'm gonna put some like electric tape or something on that hole, so water won't drop down onto that locker and should stop making my doors unlock everytime when water goes from that hole.
Or does it matter, that it's all the way that locker positioned that I should just tape all of those holes?
I truly appreciate if anyone knows that where is that locker mechanism positioned!

Pedro

Reaction score
You mean the drain holes in the boot recess which divert the water away from the boot lock? The locks can get stuck over time mine has now stuck for the 2nd time in 3 years so I use the key mostly until it has a good day & works manually

tomflek

Reaction score
You mean the drain holes in the boot recess which divert the water away from the boot lock? The locks can get stuck over time mine has now stuck for the 2nd time in 3 years so I use the key mostly until it has a good day & works manually
Yeah those 3 small drain holes, but that electronic locker mechanism is located outside of the car, that it's not inside, so that water drops down from those holes into that electonics of that locker mechanism which causes whole central lock short circuit and unlocks all doors or so they said what I have read about this problem, and Peugeot didn't even coat that electronic locker mechanism in anyway so water gets into there and causes short circuit which has broke some of other guys locker mechanism, someone had to replace 3 times that because of that absurd desing fault. And mine hasn't gets stuck in anyway, it works just fine otherwise, but whenever rains and water drains from those holes, it short circuits whole central lock and unlocks all the doors by itself.

Here's one of that problem: Mysterious boot opening

Pedro

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken the lock is inside the rear Valance-bumper panel its not exposed to the outside elements that is not to say water could be getting inside the mechanism but I would have to strip mine out to check it but if its getting wet then this might cause ground or shorting terminal issues as you rightly point out

tomflek

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken the lock is inside the rear Valance-bumper panel its not exposed to the outside elements that is not to say water could be getting inside the mechanism but I would have to strip mine out to check it but if its getting wet then this might cause ground or shorting terminal issues as you rightly point out
Yes, the lock where the door locks on is inside the car, but that electronic locking mechanism is located outside the car which is absurd especially when it's not sealed well enough from water dropping down from those drain holes onto it, so that's why I would really need to know that at what point of those holes are that electronic locking mechanism positioned so I can tape it down for now until I rip off that rear bumber and seal that whole electronic locking mechanism with some grease/silicone.

Pedro

Reaction score
You mean the push release button under the boot lid which can get stuck due to dirt others have sprayed WD40 into it & its apparently fixed the problem?

tomflek

Reaction score
You mean the push release button under the boot lid which can get stuck due to dirt others have sprayed WD40 into it & its apparently fixed the problem?
Yeah, I guess that push release button and it's electronic control unit gets water dropped onto it from those drain holes which causes that central lock go short circuit, I mean that button etc still work perfectly fine, nothing problem with that, but whenever rains, I see my rear door opened, so it has to be that water gets into those electronics and causes short circuit like other said on that other forum thread that I linked to you.
I just need to know that at which hole that electronic control unit is located so I can tape it down and see if then it stops opening randomly my rear door whenever rains/water goes from those drain holes.

Pedro

Reaction score
I fixed a continuously "wet fuse box" in a Fiat people carrier with electrical gel the sort you use to seal around exposed electrical joints & the cars still on the road

tomflek

Reaction score
I fixed a continuously "wet fuse box" in a Fiat people carrier with electrical gel the sort you use to seal around exposed electrical joints & the cars still on the road
Ahh I see! That should do it too then, that it doesn't have to be necessary silicone etc if there's that kind of electrical gel available.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There used to be many posts regarding water ingress into the boot lock mechanism causing all sorts of electrical problems but you hardly hear of it now I noticed that the MK1 and MK2 have different rubber boots on so not sure if Peugeot sorted the problem 🤔