What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Abs pump programming

A

Anonymous

Hi,guy
I'm trying to find a way to program my abs pump. My rcz is a diesel.
Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I,ve got a second hand abs pump and need it to be flash and reprogram to my car. Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

The car is a 2010 RCZ diesel. I have replaced the Faulty ABS pump / ECU with one from a peugeot 308. I need to find a way to reprogram it so that it works with my car

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm new on the rcz world and new on the forum world.
That's why i'm asking ....is this right place if I've got a question on the rcz. does anyone know anything about the rcz cause my only reply from a senior member is ...."Why".... And I'm really really surprise that nobody...nobody could give me a beginning of a Answer . Thank you. During my time here I gained valuable insights ... Want to thanks peugeot rcz furum for its existence.

A

Anonymous

Sorry but the limit of my technical knowledge is filling up the coolant or oil. :(

A

Anonymous

Sorry but the problem with such a technical question is that most of the current members/owners have cars that are under warranty and so do not have the need for such knowledge. Personally I don't have a clue what an ABS pump is or does.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Miglou, sorry for the delay in replying. First of all check what brand the pump is eg. Bosch or ATE and then either contact those companies to ask if they have technical agents who could reprogramme the unit in your country (where do you live?) or try to find an independent remanufacturer who can do the work. I believe it is a very technical issue and the programming details will only be known to Peugeot and the pump manufacturer.

A

Anonymous

Thank you. My abs pump is a Bosch and I live in London. Do anyone know a place in London that can do the work.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Do you think that with a PP2000 lexia 3 Peugeot Diagnostic Tool Scanner Interface v.47 I will have access to the abs pump? Thank you.

hanswuk

Reaction score
I don't know about the equipment you mention.

One solution could be to contact the following company: http://www.bba-reman.com/

I've never used them but they may be able to help. If that's no good let me know and I'll see if I can make any other suggestions.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
PP2000 is what Peugeot use and yes, that is what they would use to reprogram anything.

BUT, without a dealer or genuine dealer codes ect to authorise the program, it is very limited in what it can do.
I have used it before and could only partially get the program working, so I could check/clear codes, but I was unable to flash anything.

richard.au

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're trying to be cheap, on a component that is critical to the safe operation of the car.

In short - if you're asking this question - you should not be doing it. You are placing yourself and other road users at risk.

Amatuer programming of brake systems is not to be encouraged.

Go and pay a professional to do the job correctly and legally.

And as Ron said above, most of us are under warranty. We would not even consider taking such measures.

But I suppose in 5 years time, these questions may become more common.

Abzynthe seems to be the most tech head amongst us .. so that's the person to listen to, I've not noted anyone else here doing such low-level work. (low-level = inside the black boxes that I wont open ;) ).

I was going to write 'good luck' - but really, that's not a term I want to use with regard to braking systems.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
Sounds to me like you're trying to be cheap, on a component that is critical to the safe operation of the car.

In short - if you're asking this question - you should not be doing it. You are placing yourself and other road users at risk.

And as Ron said above, most of us are under warranty. We would not even consider taking such measures.

Abzynthe seems to be the most tech head amongst us .. so that's the person to listen to, I've not noted anyone else here doing such low-level work. (low-level = inside the black boxes that I wont open ;) ).

I was going to write 'good luck' - but really, that's not a term I want to use with regard to braking systems.

The car is in a garage, I like to be informed on what needs to be done in case they can't do it, I did ask earlier if anybody knew a repair centre for a Bosch system - If you think I'm being cheap then that's your point of view but I just want the abs pump to work with the car without having to go to peugeot as if nobody explores these avenues then will we all continue to pay dealer prices?

The pump I have turns out to be from another RCZ but needs to be coded to my car as we would program a new key, instrument cluster etc.

It's a matter of time before someone else needs to do this - will they buy a brand new pump from peugeot and pay £800 to peugeot for it??

A

Anonymous

Try cartronics in byfleet, not far from London. They have programming equipment for peugeot, amongst others, just google cartronics for details

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

richard.au

Reaction score
Miglou said:
richard.au said:

The car is in a garage, I like to be informed on what needs to be done in case they can't do it, I did ask earlier if anybody knew a repair centre for a Bosch system - If you think I'm being cheap then that's your point of view but I just want the abs pump to work with the car without having to go to peugeot as if nobody explores these avenues then will we all continue to pay dealer prices?

The pump I have turns out to be from another RCZ but needs to be coded to my car as we would program a new key, instrument cluster etc.

It's a matter of time before someone else needs to do this - will they buy a brand new pump from peugeot and pay £800 to peugeot for it??

Ah, yeah, like I said, cheap. With a potential compromise in safety to the car, it's driver and any other innocent parties.

You're buying a part that's not for the RCZ, and trying to do a dodgy hack to make it work, on a critical component of the car. Sheesh. I find incomprehensible and begin to question the legality of it. Would you tell the next car owner that you have short-changed the braking system? If you told me that, I'd quickly turn my back on such a sale.

A

Anonymous

Miglou said:
richard.au said:

Ah, yeah, like I said, cheap. With a potential compromise in safety to the car, it's driver and any other innocent parties.

You're buying a part that's not for the RCZ, and trying to do a dodgy hack to make it work, on a critical component of the car. Sheesh. I find incomprehensible and begin to question the legality of it. Would you tell the next car owner that you have short-changed the braking system? If you told me that, I'd quickly turn my back on such a sale.

I think that you may have misread what Miglou has wrote Richard. He does have the genuine part. He simply needs to reprogramme it to his own RCZ.

richard.au

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I had read earlier it was from a 308. Now I realise it's from another rcz, apparently. Cheers.