What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ABS and ESP faults

A

Anonymous

Am getting close to being very annoyed. Have had a number of warranty issues, and picked up my car about 3 weeks ago after new tyres, rust removed from hubs, replaced wing mirrors. And now, have two warnings- abs and esp faults (appears to be two separate faults) on the dash. Anyone had similar warnings?

A

Anonymous

...yes...I got the same warning lights and do not know how to get it back to normal...this was after a punctured back tyre...so how can I repair it?
I do live in Hua Hin Thailand and there is not any P dealer here i tell you....but I probably have to go the 200 kms to Bangkok.... :eusa-think: ASAP...

A

Anonymous

Best option for the save of a 200km trip is to disconnect the battery for 10 min (leave the doors open/window open) then reconnect and wait for 5 min then switch on and wait again. See if the global reset does the trick.
You will have to correct the clock etc etc

A

Anonymous

Mine has just done the same ESP and ABS light are on, just called out Peugeot assistance (AA) will keep you all posted

A

Anonymous

Well just had the AA out cant read any fault code so carried out aglobal reset and the fault remains so its off Peugeot :thumbdown: not happy

A

Anonymous

babysquip said:
Well just had the AA out cant read any fault code so carried out aglobal reset and the fault remains so its off Peugeot :thumbdown: not happy
At last got my car fixed it was traced to a boken wire on the passangeers side rear wheel, after the dealers thought if was n ABS sensor ,
!!!! :eusa-whistle:

rikzx

Reaction score
Well just had the AA out cant read any fault code so carried out aglobal reset and the fault remains so its off Peugeot 👎 not happy
I've just had the abs module replaced and guess what, the messages are back again!! £600 down no further to a solution!!

lfe

Reaction score
I've just had the abs module replaced and guess what, the messages are back again!! £600 down no further to a solution!!
Have the wheel rotation sensors been checked ?

lfe

Reaction score
The steering angle sensor was replaced at the same time, is this the same thing?

No, each wheel has a slotted disc behind the brake disc and a sensor that detects if a wheel has locked up while braking or slipping while accelerating, essential information for ABS or ASR systems to work.

If one of the sensors fails the ABS light also comes on but changing it is far cheaper than changing the ABS module.

Pedro

Reaction score
The wheel speed sensor monitors the anti lock braking this is what throws the light on if a sensor has been damaged or is failing