What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

About to order an RCZ in the Netherlands

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Based near Amsterdam. I'm about to order a Dolphin Blue (although the French "Bleu Tuanake" sounds better even when it looks the same :crazy: )

Hesitating between the 200bhp and the 156bhp automatic. My other car is an Espace 3.5 V6 and I love the combination of the Nissan engine and the automatic gearbox. It speeds to 100km/h in 7.5s and it accelerates quite well even from 80km/h onwards, so I'm concerned the RCZ automatic is going to be boring after a while. I test drove it and it was okay but missing some oomph. Is the 200bhp much different from that? Especially interested in knowing if I will need to shift down to 4th, or is the performance also available in 5th or even 6th gear.

BTW, this is a great forum, I've been lurking for a while now and learned an awful lot about the RCZ from you already.

A

Anonymous

I've ordered the 200bhp, now the wait can start...don't know how long yet.

Took the Frisson leather without seeing it in real (not available on display anywhere in the Netherlands) so that will hopefully turn out to be a good choice.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mol. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.

I have the 200BHP manual and it does have noticeably more oomph than the 156BHP auto. So if its performance you're after I think you made the right choice.

As for needing to change down - it will depend on your speed but at highway speeds - no you wont need to. There's plenty of power and torque even in 6th gear to just pull out and give it some boot. You'll go from 100kph to 150kph in a few seconds, and if you let it, the rear wing will be in stage 2 before you know it. I'm used to 3.6 litre and 4 litre engines and this little car matches them for highway performance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome and the reassurance on the engine choice.

Dealer has announced week 41 to me...aargh.