What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

About to join the club from New Zealand

NZ RCZ

Reaction score
The deal isn't quite done yet but all going well I am about to get my first RCZ. They are few and and far between here (New Zealand) and most of them are automatics imported used from Japan. I'm hoping it will cure my withdrawal symptoms after selling my 406 V6 coupe a couple of year ago. It will replace a Renault Megane RS225 which is getting a little tired having done 380 000 km.
The car in question is an ex-UK 2010 156hp manual. Looks like a pretty low-spec car (cloth seats, no sat-nav etc) but it's very straight. It suffered a catastrophic engine failure due to seemingly never having an oil change in it's life. The previous owner found another RCZ which fell off a car transporter with only 2000km on the clock and got a local independent Peugeot workshop to do an engine swap. He then couldn't afford to pay the bill and gave the car to the garage in lieu of payment. The clutch was replaced at the same time and it's currently getting a new timing chain.
I am thinking it's going to feel a little gutless after the 406 and Megane (we have a 1986 Porsche 944 which is similar horsepower and that is definitely short on grunt!) so it will get a remap as soon as it's mine and I can find someone who can do it...