What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

About to become a proper member of the forum! :-)

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Excited to report that after a few days of remote viewing, emailed questions, and negotiation, I've just paid a deposit on a Moroccan Red HDi GT. :)

It's a 14 plate, from Hawkins Peugeot of Cornwall with service stamps every 5k or so (including the one they're about to do) and 35,500 on the clock, 12m Peugeot used approved warranty, etc. It's had 2 owners from new, one for the first year, and the latest owner had it for 6 years.

It was a bit more expensive, but it seemed like a safer bet for a clueless technician like me than the 82000 miler with 4 stamps I'd been considering, even though that one had a cute number plate with RCZ in it!

The logistics of valeting, a (hopefully 'almost unnoticeable') leather repair, and getting it back to Norfolk are complex, so frustratingly it'll probably be on or after the 9 June before I get to drive it, but OTOH I've been looking for a good one since late last summer, so 3 weeks doesn't seem THAT long to wait...

nutski

Reaction score
Excited to report that after a few days of remote viewing, emailed questions, and negotiation, I've just paid a deposit on a Moroccan Red HDi GT. :)

It's a 14 plate, from Hawkins Peugeot of Cornwall with service stamps every 5k or so (including the one they're about to do) and 35,500 on the clock, 12m Peugeot used approved warranty, etc. It's had 2 owners from new, one for the first year, and the latest owner had it for 6 years.

It was a bit more expensive, but it seemed like a safer bet for a clueless technician like me than the 82000 miler with 4 stamps I'd been considering, even though that one had a cute number plate with RCZ in it!

The logistics of valeting, a (hopefully 'almost unnoticeable') leather repair, and getting it back to Norfolk are complex, so frustratingly it'll probably be on or after the 9 June before I get to drive it, but OTOH I've been looking for a good one since late last summer, so 3 weeks doesn't seem THAT long to wait...

Thats excellent news, glad you've finally found one, also sounds like a much safer choice than the local one you were considering.

Are they working on delivering it to Norfolk or are you collecting?

Ecrivain

Reaction score
So, I went across the road to my local garage to see if they'd take the Citroen off my hands, and the sales guy (it's only a three man band) said he'd look at it Saturday.

On the way out, met the owner - a former GT Sports Cars racing driver, who I've known ever since he took over the village garage some years ago - and told him about the new RCZ. He was almost as pleased as I was, and offered to fly me down to Newquay airport (20 mins from the dealer) to collect it in his plane! Apparently he has to fly anyway to keep his pilot's log book going! Result!

Not daring to hope too much that this will all pan out (I've arranged to leave my delivery/collection options open, at the moment) but it does all seem to be finally falling into place! :D

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Nice one! Lets see the pics ;)
I shall certainly take lots, when I get it. And possibly of the journey down... :D
Sadly my MR2 days were before phone cameras, and I don't even have a curling polaroid of that... :(
Just fond memories... from before it went wrong!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve bagged a great car there, good well looked after low mileage cars are getting rarer and dearer 👍

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve bagged a great car there, good well looked after low mileage cars are getting rarer and dearer 👍
Hopefully! Time will tell, but the investment angle has occurred to me, if I can keep it tidy and well-maintained, and stick with its current c.5000 miles a year.

That might be hard, as I used to do 10-12k, but my circumstances are different now - a regular weekly round trip of 120miles no longer happens, saving 50x120=6000.

But I suppose I might be tempted to do more journeys which aren't strictly necessary now... :D (Not to mention the 300 back from Cornwall!)

I've learnt some lessons with the Citroen, which (having inherited it) I never intended to keep long, but is still running well nearly 6 years/50k later and is now past 100k+. I put that down to due to regular servicing. My late sister-in-law had it from 2006-15, so it's been in our extended family for 15 of its 18 years, and was a Motability car before that (so probably had free maintenance included from 2003-6). It is now looking a bit cosmetically challenged, though, so I'll need to improve my cleaning schedule for the RCZ... 😅

Also, for some reason my wife isn't entirely convinced that an RCZ might retain more value than the sort of boring 3 or 4 year-old hatchback I could get for the same money, so there's an element of motivational challenge, there... ;)